• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

huntsman's progress...

It's a beautiful Autumn (Fall) day for a change, slotted in between the incessant rain and cold that we have had for the past six weeks. Totally unseasonal, the weather wreaked havoc with my tomatoes and other veg, and only my peppers were able to withstand the constant onslaught! Go peppers!

Here are the first dehydration attempts...;)

april2010harvest01.jpg

I've burned the ol' Todjer enough times to know that nitrile gloves are the way to go!

p4130018.jpg

I made screens from wire mesh, and they seem to be doing the job. Difficult to see, but they are sitting about three inches above the table tennis table...

april2010harvestdrying0.jpg

With the help of you blokes on the forum and also the grace of God, I had what I feel is a fine first season, and despite a number of setbacks, I had an abundant harvest period...

Thanks, y'all!

Here's the second of the two drying trays...

Unfortunately, the holes are big enough for the seeds to fall through when dry, but that's why tables were invented, right?!

I'll try pickling and freezing next, followed by......;)

Nice haul of pretty pods.

What's the humidity and temp in your drying room and are you using a fan?

I'll bet the aroma in there is fantastic. :)

Looking great Paul. That is a heck of a haul you got there.

I'll echo SS's comments and ask about your humidity and temps in the drying room. If you have a dehumidifier I would run it plus a fan to keep the air moving. Best of luck to you bro.

Thanks for the interest and kind words, lads!

I'm not sure of the humidity, but it's low and the temps are fairly high as the room has a tin roof. I have a strong fan on from 10am to 4pm, and the window is open all day, but year, you get a pepper high just walking in at night! :onfire:

Taking the first drying pic, and using the yellow pods in the 9 o'clock position as the beginning, and heading clockwise, we have:

Aji Limon
Unknown Mild red (Called Scotch bonnet in my seed pack, but nooooo chance!)
Fogo
Hab orange mini
Fogo
Bhut Jolokia
Unknown Red (called Habanero Arbol, but it's not)
Large yellow group is Habanero Yellow Point
Thai Dragon
Cumari Ou Passarino
Caribbean Red
The large orange group is Aji Amarillo
Joe E. Parker

It's been a good year....

Back