• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

huntsman's progress...

Jeez, Nova -

Europe floods and Aus roasts...at the same time! Crazy!

No such thing over here Nate, but that lil' fella in one of the pics is my version! LOL!

Hey Ian!

Your seeds did arrive, mate - remember? In the soil and going stronnnng!

Here's the first harvest where I had more than ten to harvest! (They usually get taken in ones and twos!)

harvestjan062010.jpg

The one marked 'Snake' is an unknown - from a pal's garden - and I will post a thread to try and ID it...

Man when you do something you don't mess around do you Paul? Tis a beautiful thing you've created my friend, hope you still have time for your "other" hobby.

I'm really looking forward to your harvest pictures. Great job by the way. Really great job.

Hey Pat -

Always time for Theraphosidae, mate!

Thank you for your encouragement. It's been a great six months and a massive learning curve, but I fear I have planted my last pepper for this season, as we have already hit mid summer. So much still to do...!

We're only a few weeks into winter and you're already in mid-summer:) Come on you can still plant more, I know you can. lol

Hey, I'm happy to keep planting, but I was concerned they would not be ready!

You reckon we're still ok, POTAWIE?

(Pls say yes!)

Today was the first organised harvest, and I finished with 104 pods from 15 varieties...

chiliharvestjan142010.jpg

Strangely enough, in every case where I have the same plant in a black grow bag, the grow bagged plant had a noticeably larger yield of ripe fruit! :shocked: Go figure...:crazy:

Paul- you grew a rainbow! those are so pretty! Watch out, though, the yellow ones on the bottom right are trying to escape!

You are harvesting your first year, and I am getting pumped about planting mine. I am only starting with three or four varieties, though- my garden will be on a deck on the second floor.

How much fun is that?

I think it will be great fun, Celeste!

Harvest size is not the most important thing for me - most people on this forum have bigger and better systems, but that feeling when the hook pops out is fabulous! Good luck this season, hon!

Yellow points are due to be tried tonight for the first time, but I believe they are not true habaneros, so I expect 3 or 4/10, POTAWIE. (Based on my son's trying them last night)

Funny thing, the Fatalii chocolate were almost tasteless! No heat, no real taste, but they are brown as you can see. Perhaps I harvested too early...:-(

peppermanbaha - no, that's one I don't have. Bode Vermelha, perhaps?

Back