• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Hurricane Ida

In 36 hours Louisiana will be hit with the largest storm since 1850s. I live east of the projected "eye" by about 75 miles. we are still in what they call the cone. Expecting 75 to 90 miles an hour winds. and between 7 and 15 in of rain before it's all said and done. most of the people on our street have evacuated but due to our inability to evacuate with all of our animals. We've decided to stay and ride it out. Most of the gas stations are out of gas at this point. Grocery stores are out of most essentials. good news is we are fully stocked up. just finished harvesting the garden for any ripe peppers or vegetables. so we have plenty of food. Gas for the generator. And we've prepped all that we can. Keep us in your thoughts will see you on the other side.

Officially experiencing the calm before the storm. Temps have dropped winds have died down a lot and the rain has completely stopped. As you see in the picture I am the blue dot. It won't be long now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-113056.png
    Screenshot_20210829-113056.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
Hey, PSF, hope you are okay. I see the storm hit on Katrina’s anniversary.
Let us know how you, family and animals are…

You are sounding like you’re pretty solid and hunkered down well. This is a pretty nasty looking storm and hopefully by the time it reaches you, it won’t be so intense.
Please take it from me, and tell your wife, anxiety sucks, isn’t worth it, and hopefully it can be kept in check. Danger is real but fear is a choice.
Prayers up.

Back