• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricane Irma Help

Rawkstah said:
 I'm worried about the surge, can't stop watching and checking the news. 
Same here. I have an Aunt and Uncle in Port Charlotte, and they're riding it out. Getting hit as I type this. Uncle's going through chemo right now (hitting him hard too) and just had knee surgery last week.

Everyone down there is in my thoughts and prayers :pray:

sicman said:
Getting our second surge . Pretty sketchy around here. A bunch of people yesterday tried to start looting the local wally world. Everythig was closed this morning. Cattle are in a small pen, horse and donkey are roaming with full acsess to thier stalls and arena area if the choose to use it. Wife,Homer the wonder dog and I are hunkered in house. All vehicles are placed at diferent places on the property with suppies and tools to work after storm passes.  We have hay stacked along big glass sliding doors and big truck and livestock trailer are blocking our big front windows. I personally have all the booze,smoke,edibles and even shrooms if I decided to really want to freak myself out :shh:  :party:

I have our road bikes in the safest place in the house and our mountain bikes and kayak in a inclosed room in the barn. Ill be honest, besides Sonya getting blown away I couldnt handle my bikes getting destroyed :rofl: Power has already been out and within a few hours we are probably not going to have power for possibly days. 

God willing we will be helping the community rebuild come tuesday if need be.  Bless up and my T.H.P. family is awesome and dear to my heart.  
Thank You Brother Sic. Glad to hear you are riding it out and all seems good so far please stay safe keep your head down animals are amazing they should be fine. Glad to hear homer is safe with you and the misses. Party materials on hand CHECK :). Be safe my Brother and keep us posted our thoughts and prayers are with you.

MikeUSMC said:
Same here. I have an Aunt and Uncle in Port Charlotte, and they're riding it out. Getting hit as I type this. Uncle's going through chemo right now (hitting him hard too) and just had knee surgery last week.

Everyone down there is in my thoughts and prayers :pray:
Oh my God Mike i'm so sorry to hear about your uncles chemo this is a hard enough problem to deal with when your healthy. Please keep us informed and let them know are thoughts and prayers are with them my Brother.

Rawkstah said:
Grandma in Naples just checked in.  Still safe in Naples for the time being, they are hiding in the closet, and in the eye right now.  I'm worried about the surge, can't stop watching and checking the news. 
Oh Damn That surge, it's  the real problem from what the weather channel is saying. So glad she has someone to feel and be safe with not a storm to ride out alone. Please keep us posted Rawk we are all praying for her and your family.

Another Morning and this storm is Breaking Up Some Oh Please just fall apart. Well lets hope this will help with some early recovery. It seems like Sicman and Lady Sic are safe so far as all there animals as well hope the plants survive my friend. And give Homer a big belly rub from us all. :) Mostly be safe!!
Sadly it seems our brother Wicked Mike has suffered a blow he has lost his plants this is his lively hood Mike please lets us Know the extent of the Damage the Community is here for you my friend.  Please stay safe and let us know how you are doing when possible.
Rawk we are all pulling for your Grandma and your other family members and friends. For any just tuning in Rawk has family waiting the eye out in a closet hope she is safe Rawk we are all praying for them. Thank You for keeping us posted.

Ok has anyone heard from student of spice or any other members please keep us posted. Again to all in this path please be careful though it has weekend it is still dangerous so please be careful and keep us posted.

Heather and Ii want all to know are offer stands after the storm as well. If you need us we are there for you don't hesitate to call or just show up at our door. You are not alone we are here for you with open arms and understanding. And LOVE :)

SmokenFire said:
Your generosity and welcoming nature humble me OS.  Proud to call you friend.  

I've been in contact with Student of Spice, Sirex, Cheri and Wicked Mike - all of whom are in Florida and will see some serious action.  They are mostly prepared, but I will pass along your offer just in case.

<3 my THPeeps.  
Hey Brother Smoke have you heard anything From Cheri or student of spice. Rawk has talked with Wicked Mike and sirex hhas been posting though that was a while ago. Please let us know if they are ok. Thanks brother !!!!

Have been talking on and off with SoS, Sirex, Cheri and Wicked Mike.  Trees are down all over by Mike, flooding and wind damage by Sirex.  Didn't hear from SoS until early this morning, seems that his place is intact but not much other info other than he and his are ok.  Cheri is getting rain and strong winds but thus far no flooding, but that could change anytime.  

Love this community man. Even through all my personal stuff and lack of presence here instill feeling the love.

I keep in contact with Wicked Mike, Student of Spice, SmokenFire and Cheri every day even if I'm not here. Been that way for over a year.

We are good. No power. Friend is going to let me borrow a small generator though. Fence damage. A little facia damage. Downed trees. But family is safe.

Thank you so much ! There are many, many who fared worse than me. The entire state was basically under a 24 hour tornado warning and they were popping up everywhere. I'm on the east coast, the mainland of Cocoa Beach and we got a lot of wind and flooding but thank the universe that me and the people I care about are safe.

My grandma said all is well.  Minor damage and the flooding is mild.  Waiting to hear back from my Uncle.  He had evacuated with his dogs to a shelter, last I heard on our family phone tree he was safe, but I'm not sure how his house is, hoping for the best but it sits 2 blocks from the gulf, sandwiched by a bay.  They also have no power at the moment. 

My friends in Miami are all good, electricity is back but they said cell service has been really crappy.  BigB is good, no power, a few downed trees. Friend in St. Pete said very minimal damage, he drove around this morning and didn't see any broken windows, structural damage, or flooding anywhere.  He posted some videos during the eye but I don't  know how to share them here. 

oldsalty said:
Oh my God Mike i'm so sorry to hear about your uncles chemo this is a hard enough problem to deal with when your healthy. Please keep us informed and let them know are thoughts and prayers are with them my Brother.
Thanks Grant. Just got off the phone with my Aunt. All is well. They must've had a last minute change of heart because they ended up leaving and staying with someone else, up in Sarasota. My uncle just got back from checking on their house. No power, but everything is dry. Minimal damage; just some fence panels and a palm tree down. Thanks for the prayers!

oldsalty said:
Thanks for the bump Brother i remember a time when a bump meant something else (sniker sniker)
Don't we all! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Happy to report as is well here. Minor damage (downed trees) and 30 hours without power (generator crapped out about 3 hours into power loss) and no cell signal. Now for clean up! hope everyone else within its path is good without any major damage. She was a nasty bugger.

Back