• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro Grow 2010

LOL Nitwit, I know what that timing schedule is popular for. Funny if you want to learn about hydro and indoor growing thats pretty much what you have to watch. Interesting stuff for sure though.

Yeah I think I would like to do flood and drain or aeroponics not sure which yet though.

Aeroponics look really good but it appears there is a little more to be done in terms of maintenance. I guess the misters tend to clog as salts or whatever builds up.

good luck transplanting that beast. my hp aero tabasco plant lost about 95% of its leaves when i transplanted to soil. i however had to cut away like 99% of the roots because of the netpot i was using. i suspect your plant will do much better than mine.

its just now starting to put out new shoots.

Thanks. It appears to have survived. Pushing out new little leaves. I will probably post photos in a few weeks when it is in better shape.

first off i have never attempted pepper plants indoor grow
however the "fruiting" cycle of some other botanical i have some previous
experimentations with were quite sensitive to photoperiod
like if you had the lights on 18/6 they would only grow leaves
but 12/12 would start the "fruiting"

is it possible to force peppers to flower and fruit
(by changing the length of day)?

i missed it if you mentioned the times or do you know
the peppers just fruit when they are old enough like puberty?
sorry if this has been discussed and i just missed something?

I don't know if it may have helped things but they don't need that change to produce pods. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Man I'm sorry I missed this Josh, would have loved watching the progress. Bummer about no pods but holy smokes that is a beautiful plant and that mass of roots is incredible! Wish someone could get hair to grow like that, ha!

I hope you get the no pod problem figured out. You going to try this again next fall?

Hey thanks. I actually chopped the plant down to almost nothing and put it in potting soil. It is starting to throw out new leaves. I don't know if I will try it again in the Fall. If so, maybe try an annuum.

peppers arent photo period sensitive like cannabis. i have bih jolokias under 24/7 light right now(smashed timer) pushing out bunches of flower pods. from what i know, photo period sensitivity is the exception not the rule when it comes to fruiting plants.

Thanks for answering that for me. I haven't come on to post comments in a couple days.

Back