• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro Grow 2010

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to share a little hydroponics grow I currently have going. I received Goat Pepper seeds from Chris in September. I don't remember the exact date, but I planted them towards the end of the month. Since then, I have been taking a picture once a week. Here is my progress...

Continued...

Do you see the volunteer ladybug? I didn't even realize it was there until I put the pictures on my computer.

Great looking plant, Josh
wait till you see and taste the pods, its one of my favourite peppers :hell:

Thanks...

Yea, I am looking forward to these pods. I started the plant later than I would have liked though. February is when I plant my Chinense varieties for the 2011 season. As a result, I will have to cut the plant back by the end of February and remove it from the box to make room shortly after. My goals were to get comfortable with Hydro and produce a few pods from which I could save pure seed. Hopefully I will be able to share some seed with fellow members in a few months.

Hello Josh!
nice set-up!

I had an hydro experience too this year, have a look here:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/18263-my-first-hydroponics-adventure/page__view__findpost__p__387288__fromsearch__1

Riccardo

Hello Josh!
nice set-up!

I had an hydro experience too this year, have a look here:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/18263-my-first-hydroponics-adventure/page__view__findpost__p__387288__fromsearch__1

Riccardo

Thanks. Looks like you did really well. Quite a few pods on those plants.

That plant looks really nice. Is that a "flood and drain" type grow?

Thanks. Yep, flood and drain. You can see the 2 hoses on the right hand side. They go outside my grow box to the reservoir. It makes PH and Nutrient adjustments much easier.

looking excellent man. did you germinate those seeds in rockwool?

Thanks. No I did not. I germinated 4 seeds. 2 in rockwool and 2 in pro-mix. The seeds in pro-mix popped first so I cleaned the soil off and moved one to a rockwool plug. The ones in the rockwool eventually germinated.

That plant looks really healthy. Nice work.

Thanks a lot. I see why you do several plants in hydro. I like it a lot.

Weekly Update

There isn't anything exciting going on at the moment but I figured I would post an update anyway.

I apologize for my crappy photography skills. The limited space and angles don't help much.

damn thats lush, how tall to these typically get?

Thank you. As for the size, I don't really know because this is my first time growing it, but here is what Chris (Cmpman1974) had to say about it.

Josh, I found the plant to be rather short in stature, produces a ton of pods. As far as pod up, I'm going 7-8. The interior is pretty neat too..pure white almost with a peach/orange exterior. Not a super wide plant, but definitely more side to side than tall.

Chris

12/27

1/3

1/10

I am getting a little concerned at this point. I have tried hand pollination and still have not had any pods set. There doesn't appear to be much pollen on the anthers. I think it is too dry.

Back