• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic HYDROPINICS - quick photo update.

HYDROPONICS - quick photo update.

Gday guys,
Our season has started so I have been hardening off my hydroponic plants that have spent part of the winter indoors under lights. [scorpions, nagas, bhuts, choc habs, scotch bonnetts, etc.]
I run a around 1800W combination of MH & HPS, we also run a 10.0 reptile globes over two; 2X2 EBB & FLOW tables, using coco fiber and rockwool as medium. PH around 5.7-5.9 in 80LTR tanks. Cana A & B nutes, with PK13-14,H2o2,silica, super thrive, and a few other bits and pieces.
Table is on a 12/12 cycle.
Here is a picky from one of the tables. ( the other I had already taken outside)
002-16.jpg

001-15.jpg

Since the weather is right (JUST) -
Hardened off/ re potted and outside
027-3.jpg

022-5.jpg

Nice work mate, looking nice and green! you mentioned that the weather is now just right for placing them outside, is this due to temperatures? what kind of temp do you consider 'right' where you are???

Not so much temp.... but I gauge it from my garden. Everything here has gone into a spring bloom, and started about 2 weeks ago. So about a week ago I started to bring them out. Now they are out full time outside in partcial sun....
I am losing some flowers (20%), but that was expected ;) as feed schedules have changed also. And the hardening process is a shock to the system.

Cool. Looks like you are in for an impressive early harvest with those plants being so large at the start of spring! I am beginning to understand the benefits of hydroponics haha

SeeYouJimmy said:
What big plants you have Chilliman.... You've got to love Spring.

LOL, they got alittle outa control.

Silver_Surfer said:
Great looking plants chilliman, you have a super head start on the season.

patrick said:
Dude! Talk about getting a head start, wow! Best of luck to you.

Thanx guys, that was the plan, though thats about 1/10th of whats is here. The rest are suffering the cold. I will get some good photo when all is looking good. :)

NTCHILLI said:
Thats it i know what im making tomz...lol nice looking plants

LOL - your in NT you will only need it a couple of months of the year, during peak winter. Even then , you could just pull them in each night. :)

Great looking plants with a ton of flowers. I might have kept a few inside based on the results you have already.

chilliman said:
My goal is to harvest ALL year. I am awhile away but getting there.

Same here. I want to stock up on several varieties, but keep a few favs under lights during the winter as well. Only problem is my plants have outgrown my small closet so i'm only keeping 3 at the moment. I will be upgrading shortly and then moving back in 3 more.

It has so many advantages. I ran about 20+ plants this winter.
Space is always an issue i know where your coming from.

What do you run in way of medium and nutes ?

I don't have a hydro setup yet. Just plants in soil and under the lights they are doing far better than I imagined. I was almost afraid of setting up any type of hydro because of space limitations. Once I upgrade I'll have more than enough room for several plants and will start looking at basic hydro setups then. Considering the sure to grow media in a standard drip system to start off with.

Drip is good & easy solution. I like the ebb & flow for is adaptability. As in I could do 100 seedlings or 6 big plants in the same system.
I can run pots or rock wool slabs, etc etc etc.
I will be doing a drip system outside this season though. :)

chilliman said:
Drip is good & easy solution. I like the ebb & flow for is adaptability. As in I could do 100 seedlings or 6 big plants in the same system.
I can run pots or rock wool slabs, etc etc etc.
I will be doing a drip system outside this season though. :)

Yeah I was considering an Ebb & flow 4 plant system. I read it is a lot of initial setup, but a lot less maintenance and clogging issues to worry about. I found a place that sells all the electronic relays etc for $80.00 Only thing you provide is pots, media, and pumps you would like to use. Here are the instructions. Let me know what you think about the setup. I may just go for it and get on of those setup.

CLICK HERE FOR SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

Back