• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic HYDROPINICS - quick photo update.

LGHT said:
Yeah I was considering an Ebb & flow 4 plant system. I read it is a lot of initial setup, but a lot less maintenance and clogging issues to worry about. I found a place that sells all the electronic relays etc for $80.00 Only thing you provide is pots, media, and pumps you would like to use. Here are the instructions. Let me know what you think about the setup. I may just go for it and get on of those setup.

CLICK HERE FOR SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

WOW, that is the most confusing and strange system I have seen.!!
EBB&FLOW is probably the system with the lest amount of moving parts ( a pump ) that shows 2 pumps, float valves, etc.

IMO Its as simple as

a table... (from hydro shop , they come in ALL sizes)

A reservoir : Mine are 80 LTR bins. (underneath)

1 pump and 1 air stone per res - Dont know why they use two ?

and enough tube to connect the pump to the table (2ft)

And your overflow pipe ( 1 FT )

That diagram just complicates the hell out such a simple system.
Float valves ?? The simplest is to have your table over your reservoir and use gravity ??
I have seen alot of different setups and chose to go with a EBB & FLOW for its simplicity..Thats not a simple version ! LOL

Toleman said:
Im in the process of building a drip system - Check my post in 'grow tech'

I supposed the system with float switches is to protect the pump from all that head pressure filling a table above.

I know its a pot forum but check this link for diy ideas

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

Chris

Thanx Chris thats a great link for newbies.
I have not had trouble with my pumps... and I have had the same pumps for years. But I can see what your saying.:)
Ian

chilliman said:
WOW, that is the most confusing and strange system I have seen.!!
EBB&FLOW is probably the system with the lest amount of moving parts ( a pump ) that shows 2 pumps, float valves, etc.

That's what I thought at first, but after reading the info it was pretty clear.

It's more of a flood and drain system where 1 pump is used to pump the nutes from a resevoir to the control center where the relays turn the system on and off and the 2nd pump is in the control center is used to drain the nutes back into the resevoir. It's actually a system that is sold for quit a bit retail, but this is just the home made version. Here is some pics of the commercial system that sells for a lot.

9699multi-pod1.jpg

Here is a link to the videos:

VIDEO LIBRARY

Well done fat guts :)...mine are about ready to come out all 300....god love aji pineapple! Got a cool new sauce happening soon with this pod!

Scorpion said:
Well done fat guts :)...mine are about ready to come out all 300....god love aji pineapple! Got a cool new sauce happening soon with this pod!

Those are one of my favs also. The last batch I made a nice chutney out of with some mango and a little bit of orange hab for extra heat. Lots of flavor! Let me know when the new sauce is done.

Not sure why the pics didn't show up, but they where in the post. I added them again. I think I prefer this setup because the plants are not on top of the reservoir limiting your container size. I will be using a water container shown like the one in the pic and will be able to add / remove nodes quickly and easily. I plan on starting off with 4, but may end up with 8 over time.

Scorpion said:

I have some Aji`s in this year : Aji; Pineapple, orange, hab, panca, a few others that dont come to mind.

LGHT said:
Here is some info on the system I was considering, but if I get the kit and DIY the rest i'll save a bit of money.

CLICK FOR THE CAP EBB & GROW SYSTEM

Looks good mate , I just like the simplicity of tables.
Good luck ! Keep us updated.

chilliman said:
Looks good mate , I just like the simplicity of tables.
Good luck ! Keep us updated.

I was considering that, but I like the option of having the large drums that I can place outside the closet and just run a line into. Plus I don't have a really high amount of space so having the pots on the floor will help a bit as well. I agree it will be a bit complex to get going though.

"motorised" ie (reticulating systems)Hydro is great but honestly this is the stuff to use

Canna Terra
google it
its never been so simple and trust me it works. I just hand water as required.

Back