• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I Am In Love With Rocotos

Just had two oranges stuffed with cream cheese alongside some homemade wings.

Man, that was a long, slow burn. Some fat walls, juicy crunch, mild citrus, a little tangy bell pepper, and oh that nice slow burn.

I'm sold that this is my favorite hot pepper so far.

Ha Ha, I hear ya! those things are delicious. My local mexican store sells em year round,I use in anything that calls for bells!

That's a lot of cream cheese, those are big peppers.

Wayright, if you have year-round access, can you hook a brotha up? I can't find the damn things anywhere, and I had a crop failure last year. I don't need any right now, but may if this cold weather continues . . .

Managed to get some of the seeds from Josh. I'm more likely to stuff them with summer squash can't wait to try them.

they are so good. all three colors are awsome! can't grow them since the move to GA though. to hot down here! miss them very much!

You can grow them Ed, they just need a little PM shade.

I'm still picking pods from the plants I'm overwintering, got 6 more ripe ones this AM. :)

I've got some new strains from Brazil that are supposed to do better in hot weather that I'm going to try this season. (Thanks Brito)

Yeah, they're awesome. I've got an Orange, Red and Yellow outside now and I'll be starting a bunch of Turbo Pubes for this season.

Im with ya EM - I absolutly love them - The heat and texture is outstanding! I will be growing Red Yellow and Orange this year and actually starting the seed in the next week or so.

I have some red, yellow and orange Manzano seeds, all 3 colors mixed in a bag or can save some from those harvested today if you want a specific color. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I've got vasrious Rocoto and Manzano seeds from commercial pods.
Heavy fruiters...All colors.

IM004748.jpg

Yellow Manzano against shed-15gal. pot(not #15pot).

IM004559.jpg

IM004489.jpg

IM004472.jpg

They do fine in big enough pots here in S.California where it's hot from june to sept.
Mine get Southern , South east and S. west sun exposure,depending on what part of my garden they are in.

Back