wine I give you....Passow's Chili-Wine

Using the recipe that THSC gave us (and added fruit wine yeast), I've finally bottled the chili-wine. It finished fermenting last week (that was a long fermentation!). I ended up with a half of a gallon of wine. Used Asain Birdseye peppers (about 40 of them) and a whole bell pepper (extra sugar I figured), and a few Serannos.

Having a glass of it right now. Suble sweetness, nice back of the throat burn (would rate it as a 3 out of 10). Very slight sufler bite that appear extremely breifly but that's a by product of the yeast and the fact that I didn't rack it enough at the first racking period (I did two rackings).

chiliwine1.jpg

chiliwine2.jpg

Going to age the bottles (drinking one today/tomarrow). I'll try one next month and see how it's aged, then go from there.

As Spock would say.."fascinating Jim." Kinda has that "potty water" look to it though. What was the juice for the base?

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
As Spock would say.."fascinating Jim." Kinda has that "potty water" look to it though. What was the juice for the base?

Cheers, TB.

Just water, lots of sugar and boil those with the peppers. Then mash the peppers as much as possable, boil some more and ferment.

Here's what I did for those who wish to replicate (like I said, this is basically the corrected and improved THSC recipe)

PASSOW'S CHILLI-WINE

40 Asain Birdseye Peppers
3-5 Serannos
1 Red Bell Pepper
6 cups sugar
1.5 Gallons Water
4 teapoons Lemon Essence
1 teaspoon citric acid

Slice chillis open, put chilli's , water , sugar inpot (I placed them in a spagetti strained in the pot) bring to boil and simmer for 20 - 30 min. Then mash the peppers with potato masher in the pot add lemon essence and citric acid,, Strain, cool, pitch yeast (Fruit Wine yeast) and put in fermenter. Rack into secondary fermentor after three weeks. Bottle when fermentation has ceased.

It took me about one and a half months to get to the bottling stage. This was just a f it to see what I get way. You can probably do it much better by actually doing a large 5 gallon batch with the peppers in the water in a open top fermentor like you do with wine and then squize the juice out of them in your mash turn....but be careful....capsaicin is a pritty tough chemical to get out of things....as we all know.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. NOT ONE NAGA..you're slippin'. If I were you..I'd do what the Don said.."keep your friends close..but keep your enemies closer.."

Cheers, TB.

See? You keep sayin your giving us stuff but you haven't given us sh*t. Just rubbing stuff in our faces.....ya bum.:shocked:

Sickmont said:
See? You keep sayin your giving us stuff but you haven't given us sh*t. Just rubbing stuff in our faces.....ya bum.:shocked:
Don't worry, your package will be in the mail shortly....I have it all packed up and ready to go, but $'s been short the past few months.

imaguitargod said:
Don't worry, your package will be in the mail shortly....I have it all packed up and ready to go, but $'s been short the past few months.

wow....now you sound just like me. I've had a box packed up for Klyth for a few weeks now, but $'s been an issue again. Actually, you want to try some local Florida hotsauces?

Sickmont said:
wow....now you sound just like me. I've had a box packed up for Klyth for a few weeks now, but $'s been an issue again. Actually, you want to try some local Florida hotsauces?

Hmmm...maybe.... :shocked:

Jesus...;) Wine Now to..cant say iam Jealous but beer now wine..You think im going to church Sunday you can F```k of..Nice receipt though Mr Passooww Sir..And Sickmont love the ass-lickin at the end ..Can i send you Some sauces..Id have sent him a box :);)

See...he really CAN change water into wine. Now how 'bout those loaves and fishes? Better yet, make it bbq and mac and cheese.

Cheers, TB.

moyboy said:
Is there an Alcohol content with this stuff and if so what is it???
I'm guessing only 8% but the fruit wine tends to produce stuff up to 14%. I only had about 7 ounces and was a little funky after that...so who knows....

:P glad ya liked it.. its cool when something actually works,, can see "Passow's Punch" Available in all fine bottle establishments hahaha patent it now

Back