• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

i got a model rocket!

so i seen these model rocket kits in "the source" yesterday. 2 rockets launch pad and controll $20 4 motors for the small rocket $5. finaly fufilling a childhood wish priceless. i'v wanted one of these for 14+years

estes sky dart with pad and controller.
024-2.jpg

and actual video of launch and retreival.

wish i could of found the c6-7 motors for the big rocket.

Very cool! Glad you finally got to fulfill your childhood dreams. Thanks for sharing the video with us. Always cool to see things that you don't get to see everyday!

Charles

there was not a soul around so i dident count down.. the "fire in the hole" was purely for the vid.

N_FF .... Super cool. I did that in my youth. Loved it !! The wind blows like crazy here so we , me and other rocket nuts lost quite a few. Fond memories running across the fields to retrieve our rockets. We were power nuts so we used the biggest motors we could. When the chute would open you could hardly see it...... and wind just sailed them into the next county.

We launched a few bugs and some unlucky white mice. Great fun

Peace & enjoy ,
P. Dreadie

I used to launch rockets all the time when I was younger. Make em, sand em, paint em and launch em! I loved it! Thanks or the trip down memory lane. I'm sure you'll continue to dig it. When I get more free time I'd like to get back at it.

N_FF .... Super cool. I did that in my youth. Loved it !! The wind blows like crazy here so we , me and other rocket nuts lost quite a few. Fond memories running across the fields to retrieve our rockets. We were power nuts so we used the biggest motors we could. When the chute would open you could hardly see it...... and wind just sailed them into the next county.

We launched a few bugs and some unlucky white mice. Great fun

Peace & enjoy ,
P. Dreadie

Good times - I used to have Big Bertha with the D engines man that was fun -- I bought my son a kit just like this one and flew it several times at the beach - I've always wanted to do a dual stage c class -
Sometimes we would glue a nail on top, a straw and fins on the side and launch just the engines fun times until the glue comes undone on the straw :eek: Have Fun

Back