• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I JUST GOT BANNED AT MY FIRST SHOW!

the OP only joined the forums to argue with a member here saying he was a bad seller. http://www.thehotpep...-butch-t-seeds/ . Hence the cool reception from some forum regulars.

Yeah... not sure where you were going with that. In any event, JesterJoker and I have since resolved our matter. It was a break down in communication. All is good now and He and i are both happy with the outcome. He even retracted his ebay feedback and replaced it with a good feedback. So all good.

Yeah... not sure where you were going with that. In any event, JesterJoker and I have since resolved our matter. It was a break down in communication. All is good now and He and i are both happy with the outcome. He even retracted his ebay feedback and replaced it with a good feedback. So all good.

oh and he got fresh seeds resent... and he kindly offered to reverse the refund we gave him.. Whic goes to show the good outcome all around. Buying online always comes with some anxiety. Once we cooled off and both discussed the matter we both saw where it went scewed.

Not weighing in on either side.
I run a business and know some customers are trouble.
As far as jesterjoker, his own post in this thread was puzzling enough.
I just was saying you introduction into the forum was pretty rough and wasn't done the in the nicest way, so some people were having a go indirectly at you. Normally people here are more friendlier to new posters but it seemed like you were getting a little grief over nothing in this thread, so I just posted why that was the case. Of course I only posted the one locked thread, not the other where you seemed to go more aggressively after jesterjocker's reputation.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I feel I should weigh in on this. Using the word "gay" to mean "lame" was at one time a bash against homosexuals. It was giving "gay" a negative connotation. Kids have continued to do this (I say kids, because I've never heard a mature adult make this mistake) and now people honestly think gay can either mean lake or homosexual depending infuse context. Import enough to remember when it was a bash, so I do take offense to this.

Its a shame that people ruin perfectly good words, and turn them into slurs. i saw a home movie where my wife told the camera that she and i had a gay time at coney island . we went to the beach, cleaned up, went on rides, ate hot dogs and cotton candy etc. it was a great day to be alive. I dont use the word anymore for the above stated reasons, but i was proud to have been able to provide my honey (and me) with a gay time at the beach.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I feel I should weigh in on this. Using the word "gay" to mean "lame" was at one time a bash against homosexuals. It was giving "gay" a negative connotation. Kids have continued to do this (I say kids, because I've never heard a mature adult make this mistake) and now people honestly think gay can either mean lake or homosexual depending infuse context. Import enough to remember when it was a bash, so I do take offense to this.

+1,000,000

Gee, can I take offense that someone takes a pretty decent word like gay and transforms it from happy, joyous and free to homosexual? Who started that anyway??

If anyone should take offense perhaps it's Mr. Webster. :) Of course in 1611 "prevent" meant "to come before" and now it means "stop." Language changes over time. I guess the Latins should be upset with the French, Spanish, Italians etc. for what they did to a perfectly good language.

Then again, in 1944 the Russian Commies and the Chinese Commies were our allies and the Japanese, Germans and Italian were our enemies, then in 1945 it completely switched around.

there is kind of a difference in a words meaning changing, and changing it to a word to oppress belittle hurt and make fun of any people for something they cant change.

there is kind of a difference in a words meaning and changing it to a word to oppress belittle hurt and make fun of any people for something they cant change.

I imagine, but I've never heard kids use the term gay for lame in order to hurt or belittle homosexuals, they're just being mean (which in itself isn't good) to people they don't like no matter gender they care to have sex with, if at all, to describe how they feel about a person or activity which isn't particularly fun. And I don't particularly care for using the term "gay" for homosexuals. I'd prefer its original meaning. Although I have to admit I don't how it started to being used for homosexuals. Perhaps it originated non-homosexuals calling homosexuals that to be mean, in which case, it wouldn't be nice to be calling them that either. Mind you I'm utter opposed to name calling.

Gee, can I take offense that someone takes a pretty decent word like gay and transforms it from happy, joyous and free to homosexual? Who started that anyway??

If anyone should take offense perhaps it's Mr. Webster. :) Of course in 1611 "prevent" meant "to come before" and now it means "stop." Language changes over time. I guess the Latins should be upset with the French, Spanish, Italians etc. for what they did to a perfectly good language.

Then again, in 1944 the Russian Commies and the Chinese Commies were our allies and the Japanese, Germans and Italian were our enemies, then in 1945 it completely switched around.

Sure, you could take offense to it. It's a free country (well, kind of, lol). But it wouldn't make much sense to. The word gay may mean happy and cheerful, but even as far back as the 1600s the word gay also had some sexual meanings attached to it. Also, the current meaning of gay as homosexual most likely comes from the 1930s, where gay men were called "geycats."

Perhaps it originated non-homosexuals calling homosexuals that to be mean, in which case, it wouldn't be nice to be calling them that either. Mind you I'm utter opposed to name calling.

It originated by non-homosexuals wanting to assign a term to something that was beyond "lame" or "stupid." What did they pick? Gay. Because we're apparently beyond lame and stupid to ignorant kids.

Well now that we got that settled let's get back to talking about peppers which self-pollinate and cross pollinate with whatever peppers happen to be around. :)

Then should you not support the (or at least not get sore over) the said words "new use".
Immature though it may be, it's moving the word away from it's negative connotation towards homosexuals. Also, the fact that a slanderous word can be adopted by the community that it was intended to demean makes it kind of like a rejection of negativity.
Words change.

Then should you not support the (or at least not get sore over) the said words "new use".
Immature though it may be, it's moving the word away from it's negative connotation towards homosexuals. Also, the fact that a slanderous word can be adopted by the community that it was intended to demean makes it kind of like a rejection of negativity.
Words change.

The word gay never had any negative connotation towards homosexual people. "Gay" is just another neutral term for homosexual. Think of it this way: Females are called women, right? What if some male decided he was going to use the word "woman" to mean "stupid" as a derogatory slur against females because he was bitter about a break-up with his girlfriend? He says to his friend "Man, you were sick on the day of your final exam, and your professor won't let you make it up? That's so woman!" Let's say this stuck and everyone began saying this, to the point that people forgot (or didn't know) that this was a slur against women. People thought there were just two meanings to the word "woman" - one that meant female and one that meant stupid. See what I mean?

On topic: OP I think your sauces sound great :).

The word gay never had any negative connotation towards homosexual people. "Gay" is just another neutral term for homosexual. Think of it this way: Females are called women, right? What if some male decided he was going to use the word "woman" to mean "stupid" as a derogatory slur against females because he was bitter about a break-up with his girlfriend? He says to his friend "Man, you were sick on the day of your final exam, and your professor won't let you make it up? That's so woman!" Let's say this stuck and everyone began saying this, to the point that people forgot (or didn't know) that this was a slur against women. People thought there were just two meanings to the word "woman" - one that meant female and one that meant stupid. See what I mean?

On topic: OP I think your sauces sound great :).

Right, I got ya'. I misunderstood your initial post.
Nonetheless, most people use the word in the descriptive sense with no harmful intention, there's no point getting offended, your just giving more power to slander.

Sorry for the hijacking here!

Right, I got ya'. I misunderstood your initial post.
Nonetheless, most people use the word in the descriptive sense with no harmful intention, there's no point getting offended, your just giving more power to slander.

Sorry for the hijacking here!

Thats like telling a jewish person not to be offended after saying " I jewed them down on the price "
And telling them sorry didnt mean you are a cheap jew, even though thats exactly what the phrase means

We should end it here I suppose. T'is not my desire to offend anyone! I guess we just view things very differently.
:cheers:
Its just as bad to use someone else's words , build a straw man with them using your own context(even when the meaning was explained a jillion times)
and use it to advance your agenda. Kinda pathetic........lets stick to what this forum is all about.No intent,no insult intended -no issue.

Its just as bad to use someone else's words , build a straw man with them using your own context(even when the meaning was explained a jillion times)
and use it to advance your agenda. Kinda pathetic........lets stick to what this forum is all about.No intent,no insult intended -no issue.

ANYWAY-Great Story man, and thats EXACTLY what I mean.
Cheers!
DJ

Back