• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense I just tried a Bhut Jolika

Well sort of anyway, I got a dried Bhut Jolika in the mail today hoping I can use the seed from it.

After getting most of the seed out I decided to eat 1/2 of it and see what the heat was like.

What a freaking mistake that was my mouth was burning for ages with a heat I have never experienced before. I washed my hands carefully or at least I thought I did. I found out differently when I rubbed my nose and the side of my face.

Then to top it off I went to the bathroom and was wondering why I had a burning sensation on a rather delicate part of my anatomy. :oops:

My first experience has made me cautious for future use of this one.

The dreaded "hunan hand". I believe that's what it is called when you burn your "delicate" parts. My sincere condolences.

Congrats on stepping up and facing the beast. Few have tried, even fewer survived.;) How bad were the names you were calling yourself after two or three minutes of chewing?

What's the plans with the other half, bedtime snack?:lol:

moyboy said:
Hows your ring this morning???

What ring, i bet he doesn't have one anymore!!
Oh yeah, why only half? Pussy:lol:

I remember trying a tiny bit of dried Morich that Hippy sent me, it was the size of a small pea and nearly made me hallucinate:mouthonfire: Then naga gut hit, from a teeny weeny little bit. I haz much respect for nagas, they own all your base!!

I've been through the whole shebang, myself. What an experience! You are definitely brave to eat half a bhut in one go. I took a nibble. It was enough. I let the rest dry out so I could grind it up to enliven lots of other things.

Hunan hand! What a hoot. Where does that expression come from?

I had a chunk of dried naga placenta at the Byron Bay Chilli Festival last year, much to the delight of stillmanz and bentalphanerd. not only did I set a world record for the Fastest Production Of One Litre Of Nasal Mucous, I also set records in the 100 Metre Sprint (to the beer tent), the Fastest Drinking Of A Can Of Beer, the Shortest Time Taken To Learn And Speak A New Language (I think it was a mix of Mexican/Swahili/Latin/Profanity), I also managed to create a tongue hotter than the core of a small sun in a relatively short time. bent and stillmanz also had some naga but I don't know how it effected them as I was winning gold in the hundred at the time.

I didn't touch my privates then but I've burnt little chilliman on numerous occasions - I think the term is "chilli willy".

Oh shit chilliman64 I peed my pants reading that post. :lol: Wish I could have witnessed it.

I sent some B. jolokia powder to a friend with the required warnings but he didn't totally believe me. I suggested he try a couple of tiny specs of powder straight from the jar. He used a popsicle stick and got a scoop of powder.

Said he'd never doubt me again, that he had no clue that something that hot even existed and as bad as it was going in it was twice as bad going out.

PrairieChilihead said:
I've been through the whole shebang, myself. What an experience! You are definitely brave to eat half a bhut in one go. I took a nibble. It was enough. I let the rest dry out so I could grind it up to enliven lots of other things.

Hunan hand! What a hoot. Where does that expression come from?

Hunan hand' (also known as 'Chile Willy') is the name given to the skin irritation caused by capsaicin as a result of contact with Chile peppers. It is said to have obtained its name from an unfortunate young man who burst into a clinic in Chicago, waving his hands and moaning in pain. With some difficulty he described that he had been in the midst of preparing a Hunan Chinese lunch with hot peppers.

excerpt taken from Chileman's website.

Ahh yes the Hunan hand.

I got myself with it thismorning while turning dried habaneroes into flakes. Ouch.

I also got my wife with it once......... wont go into details but she was not impressed.

cheers

Ya, I have a hand still tingling from the pizza I ate earlier this morning that I put naga mama sauce, diced habs, two kinds of chile powder, and pepper jack cheese on.

Tasted great..but I forgot to use a knapkin and ended with greasy and painful hands...:mouthonfire:

Brought some Sriracha sauces from Thailand and mixed two powdered pods of Bhut Jolokia into one of the bottles. it's REALLY nice!

Omri said:
Brought some Sriracha sauces from Thailand and mixed two powdered pods of Bhut Jolokia into one of the bottles. it's REALLY nice!

You went to Thailand and didn't come visit me???!!! :(

Back