• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I saw ZZ TOP last night!

Don't get me wrong chilehunter, I'm just justiying my claim that "Who else has a song about legs and one about tush". I listened to 2livecrew and all kinds of crazy crap too but ZZtop are classy performers who use sex tastefully in most of their song.

POTAWIE said:
Don't get me wrong chilehunter, I'm just justiying my claim that "Who else has a song about legs and one about tush". I listened to 2livecrew and all kinds of crazy crap too but ZZtop are classy performers who use sex tastefully in most of their song.
Ummmmmm.....have you listened to any Blue's players....like John Lee Hooker and such. I have alot of other Blue's stuff and 97% of them are about sex in one way or another.

I saw ZZ 15 or 20 years ago in Sydney. I was pretty stoned at the time but from what I remember it was excellent! it was just after their Eliminator album, Legs/Sharp Dressed Man etc, they are f*ckin' excellent, dudes! the stage started as an old dashboard, then partway through the show everything got covered in smoke, then... modern sports-car dash stage! spinning guitars, beards, bleeding ears, ahhh those were the days!

The set on the recycler tour was cool too. A giant crane picks up band members and some scrap cars, dumps them into giant compactor, then the band members come out driving these cool crushed up cars. Realy cool from what I remember.
I wonder why they stopped using the "eliminator" car that they became so known for.

POTAWIE said:
I wonder why they stopped using the "eliminator" car that they became so known for.

I think Billy sold that '33 a few years ago. Well, maybe not. He's got quite a garage full of customs and hot rods.

Back