• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I think I might have made myself allergic to chilis

Been getting itchy hives under my arms - very itchy, driving me nuts. Only thing change din my diet the last few months is the amount of hot peppers I consume. please say it ain't so... :(

It aint so.

It could be a change in clothes washing powder/liquid or a change in the brand of BO basher you use, even soap.

It aint the peppers!!

Novacastrian said:
It aint so.

It could be a change in clothes washing powder/liquid or a change in the brand of BO basher you use, even soap.

It aint the peppers!!

none of that has changed in years though.......

It may be your deodorant. Seriously. Change it lately? Is it one with herbs or botanicals? They can cause rashes.

Could be literally a million things, the only thing you REALIZED that changed might be the peppers but something way more subtle could be the cause, if you're really worried about it, stick some fresh chile on a pin and prick yourself, if you get a reaction you know it's the peppers

i have been using crystal stick rollon for years - and all that is is mineral salt. no soap or detergent changes that I know of - asked the wife and she denies it

hasn't been humid here at all - still pretty cold

i mean, my blood pressure medicine? been taking that for at least a year

Novacastrian said:
Whats the temp been like were you are? What about the humidity?

Good point, We are right in the midst of our first spring bloom, the cherry blossoms are out here! Many things are going on now with allergies around here in NJ. the only way to know for sure is an allergy test.

FiveSix said:
Good point, We are right in the midst of our first spring bloom, the cherry blossoms are out here! Many things are going on now with allergies around here in NJ. the only way to know for sure is an allergy test.

yeah, but nothing like that ever gave me itchy hive like things in my armpits.

don't really want to see an allergist.

what I can do is lay off peppers for a week or so and see what happens - then if everything goes away have some and see what happens - it will be a tough week or two or three though I can tell you that!!

think positive, it could be Candida! That's usually an easy fix lol. But I never had any seasonal allergies all my life till a couple years ago. And I had the best skin and now i breakout all over all the time, things change. Dont blame it on the peppers just yet!

FiveSix said:
think positive, it could be Candida! That's usually an easy fix lol. But I never had any seasonal allergies all my life till a couple years ago. And I had the best skin and now i breakout all over all the time, things change. Dont blame it on the peppers just yet!

it doesn't seem like yeast though - so smell, and small itchy hives

I can make a batch of kefir if it was that - I make my own kefir from real kefir grains.

worlok said:
it doesn't seem like yeast though - so smell, and small itchy hives

I can make a batch of kefir if it was that - I make my own kefir from real kefir grains.

ooo I got another one! what about maybe scabies?

Back