• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm old emough to remember when...

no one responded to the "JP Patches" tag, so I Wiki'd it-

come to find out, it was a local show on a Seattle TV station, which is why no one else in the world has heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._P._Patches

It ran for 23 years on Washington TV station KIRO, 2nd longest running children's show on TV (longest running show- Sesame Street)

:crazy:

When phone numbers were alpha-numeric. My first telephone number that I can remember was VE9-6345. And rotary phones..............

When at the end of the broadcast day "America the Beautiful" was played with video of beautiful places in the US. This was followed by the test tone and test pattern until broadcasting was resumed the next morning.

Metal slinkies, Hot Wheels pocket watches, Rockum sockum robots, SST racers... ah geez now going to hear that stupid song all day :rofl:

moving to Tennessee for my dad to work on construction of some atomic energy agency...

Walking to the "store" and buying a pack of smokes for my Mom and having enough change to buy Suzy Q's and a Soda - I was around 10 yrs old

Back