• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting INEXPENSIVE GROW LIGHTS!!

Go to your local craigs list website. Got to the "for sale" section...type in "metal halide". When construction crew renovate warehouses and businesses they usually keep the lights to re-sell. You can grab a 400w Metal Halide for 10-50$$. I checked this morning and found 4-400w metal halide shop lights wired for 110 or 220...all 4 for 40$$!! Cant beat that!!!

Sounds like a good deal.
What color temp are they? even better, do you know the model?

I do know that buying MH and HPS bulbs in cases makes them REALLY cheap.

Yea warehouse lights are great. even if they are wired for 220, many of them are quad tap and can be rewired for 110 super easily.

I don't know what you need But I have had great success with Walmart's cheap 2 bulb florescent shop lights. You can't beat the price and they have given me plenty of healthy transplants.

I got my used equipment from the feds. Here in Cali they bust grow houses all the time and ship them ALL to 1 place that sales them starting a $1.00 I've picked up NEW eye 400 full spectrum bulbs for a buck, ballast for $10, cool tubes for $20, root cubes, fans, etc etc. I even picked up a almost new phototron for $25.00 that retails for $450, although mine had a weird pungent smell

I got my used equipment from the feds. Here in Cali they bust grow houses all the time and ship them ALL to 1 place that sales them starting a $1.00 I've picked up NEW eye 400 full spectrum bulbs for a buck, ballast for $10, cool tubes for $20, root cubes, fans, etc etc. I even picked up a almost new phototron for $25.00 that retails for $450, although mine had a weird pungent smell

Now that is a deal that is too hard to pass up. Sounds great Light.

Booooo, all the stuff that the feds get here goes to auction but they are not stupid. They ask top dollar for the stuff then send the money away to the gubbermint.

Where is this place???

propertyroom.com prices have gone up a bit in the last 2-3 years, but you can still find good deals. You pickup from city of industry and the bigger the item the better because most heavy or oversided items they don't ship. They used to cut the cords on stuff not realizing they could make money on them so I would buy them and replace the cut cord with an old pc power cord in 2 minutes. I still have 3-4 extra ballast and a box of bulbs laying around in case anything fails.

propertyroom.com prices have gone up a bit in the last 2-3 years, but you can still find good deals. You pickup from city of industry and the bigger the item the better because most heavy or oversided items they don't ship. They used to cut the cords on stuff not realizing they could make money on them so I would buy them and replace the cut cord with an old pc power cord in 2 minutes. I still have 3-4 extra ballast and a box of bulbs laying around in case anything fails.
Oh wow... three 1,000W bulbs and one 250W for $6! brilliant!

Nice, thanks. They do have some crazy deals there.

Interesting, but we were at the condo and i needed some sprinkler parts, and wandering thru the electrical to the check out the had a 4 foot 5 banger t-8 with nice reflectors that made all the others pale in comparison, kinda like staring at the sun... 79 bucks, looks like one of the expensive t-5's might have to get one for next season...

that light looks banging. wonder how hard it would be to replace the ballasts and the t8 sockets with the mini bi pin socket t5's use.

Back