• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Interesting Cross

I'm a fan of the Red Savina pepper and after I seen pictures of a couple of pods grown by Chris, cmpman74, I started begging him for seeds. Well we all know how generous he is so it didn't take long to get them. I have three of them growing. Two of them are growing pods that look exactly like the ones he posted pics of. The third one is slightly different. I sent Chris a picture of the third one and asked him his opinion. This is the picture I sent along with a couple of other ones:

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

After he seen the photo he got back to me and said one of the Red Savina plants grew up right next to a Trinidad Scorpion, seeds from Sara R. I'm looking forward to these.

Everyone forgets about the good ole Red Savinas, with all the new peppers cracking 1,000,000 Scoville units. It is an oldie but goodie.

I purposely grew my yellow hab next to my bhut just for the fact that it might be funny to see something weird creep out next season. If not whatevs.

Another strange looking chinense! Look at where the stem attaches to the pod in the first pic. It appears very possible that it isn't 100% C. chinense

isnt that the trinidad viper! You know the one chileseeds company has been working on?lol. isnt his across between a savina and scorp?

Another strange looking chinense! Look at where the stem attaches to the pod in the first pic. It appears very possible that it isn't 100% C. chinense

I didn't notice this Derek. What does it suggest, Annuum?

Think I'll go get some more pics.

I really like the look of that. some interesting surprises are always good, especially if there's a "stinger" involved! discovering the taste and heat is next!

Oh crap I just realized I've got to eat this don't I? Or.....any volunteers? I will gladly pay to ship one pod to anyone who wants one. Only catch is I want to see you eat it. Must be videotaped and posted where all can see. Start lining up ladies and gents. Please?

if i lived closer i'd volunteer. problem is by the time the ripe pod gets here it'll be either mush or dried up. =(

Oh crap I just realized I've got to eat this don't I? Or.....any volunteers? I will gladly pay to ship one pod to anyone who wants one. Only catch is I want to see you eat it. Must be videotaped and posted where all can see. Start lining up ladies and gents. Please?
Lazienfat will. Just PM him for his addy.

Yeah Send it to me I will eat it on vid! I would love to try a pepper like this! I am totally serious if you are.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lazienfatredone

will eat whole pepper and not take any of the seeds out of it as hard as that will be for me :)

Yeah Send it to me I will eat it on vid! I would love to try a pepper like this! I am totally serious if you are.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lazienfatredone

will eat whole pepper and not take any of the seeds out of it as hard as that will be for me :)

PM me your address and it's on!

Whoop! For this week we have WickedMojo and for next week we have an encore of lazienfat. You all sure know how to keep these forums exciting. Patrick please promise to send lazienfat some seeds of your cross if he does eat the whole thing. It is probably going to be a great tasting pepper, and we so don't want to read later that he had to go fishing for them a few days after because he had to have some seeds to grow it next year.

Back