• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Interesting Cross

One of the best things about being a chillihead is that we not only enjoy the "pain" of eating chillis but we also enjoy seeing other people suffering too.

Congrats to patrick on this cross. Hope its got the taste and the heat to make it a keeper.

And best of luck to lazienfat ( you're insane, you know it right?).

This is gonna be worth seeing. :)

Bleash

Its an awesome looking cross thus far! I cant wait to try it, you know I need my capsaicin fix Bleash , its the addiction haha.

The credit for the cross goes to Chris, cmpman74. If I can keep it going then I'll add my name second to it. We'll call it the Chrisford Trinisavina. That's not the best is it? Oh well, we're years away from a new pepper. Need to find out if it's even worth it first.

I would love to see it have Scorpion heat and a good all around chinense flavor and be the size of the Red Savina parent. With the tail of course.

Time for a little update.

Lazienfat and I are having troubles connecting. Glad to say we've got if figured out. I'll be sending him a couple of different cross to sample. Heck of a guy to take care of this. Yep, heck of a guy. (guy's a loon if you ask me) ;) Until the video is up and running I wanted to post a pic or two of the pods coming off of this plant.

IMG_5490cre.jpg

Can you see the poweraid lid it's sitting on?

IMG_5491rcre.jpg

Big pods, over 1.75" no matter how you measure it.

IMG_5494cre-1.jpg

This is my favorite picture, looks kind of like a rose.

You ready for this lazienfat?

My Congo's do that sometimes, the little peter pepper thing. I'd say it happens to about 45% of them.

Ripe_Congo_03.jpg

By the way... You should call your new variety the "Chode Pepper" :hell:

There have been only a handful of times I can think of in my life were I have thought what have I gotten myself into this is way over my head. This is one of them. Its ok I will mentally prepare myself all week. I cant wait to see this pepper in person!

Looks like a red sav from the side view with a different bum. Red sav has always been a fav of mine as the flavour is still one of the best for a (now not quite so)superhot so crosses that keep the sav flavour but increase the heat are a bonus. I still use savs in my sauces.

Got the peppers ready to go out tomorrow. Sending them Priority so it should be more than a couple of days for them to get to lazienfat.

You ready bubba!

Back