• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Introducing.... THE PIQANO!!!!!

thanks for all that great info and the translations, that is a great site! I can see why chinense would be difficult for you to grow with their very long season. the Hours Of Sunshine is the real eye opener on those charts.

as far as the violin goes, that's alright mate, it doesn't hurt to get the old violin out every now and then.

imaguitargod said:
See? This is why I love the internet. I've just learned important tricks for growing peppers in a whole nother country!!!!

:mouthonfire: Yeah, Guitar God, if you should ever move to another state or country, you'll know and wouldn't have to give up on pepper growing...

Seriously, I hope that North American gardeners living in say Minnesota or even Alaska could get some useful ideas and maybe they could give me good advice...

imaguitargod said:
See? I've just learned important tricks for growing peppers in a whole nother country!!!!

If you have a whole nother, can you have a half-nother, or quarter nother?

bentalphanerd said:
Anyone else getting some odd crosses?

I got this one, it's from Tabasco seed but looks like no Tabasco pepper I ever grew. Last year when I was taking seeds out of Tabascos (yes I'm a nut) one pepper only had one seed in it, this plant was grown from that one seed. I have tasted a premature pepper off the plant and it had a Tabasco flavor but sweeter. The only other peppers that were near by were Thai and Cherry.

image002.jpg

Donnie said:
Seriously, I hope that North American gardeners living in say Minnesota or even Alaska could get some useful ideas and maybe they could give me good advice...

Donnie, I'm far from being a true chile grower compared to some here, but I'm willing to give some help from what I've experienced for the chiles I've grown. I love the hab flavour so this year I'm growing several hab types to try to find which ones work for me. I'll take pictures of them in their full glory for you (to show how many pods formed) & this would be from seedlins & my growing season outside is only late May to late Aug. or early Sept. but I think our summers get hotter than yours by the sounds of it, but also dry (rainfall wise not humidity)
so far I'm not impressed with the "hot paper lantern" = I dont plan on growing them again.
I know theres many things to take into consideration for growth, but I want plants that grow & produce under any circumstances (hardy plants)

chilehunter said:
Donnie, I'm far from being a true chile grower compared to some here, but I'm willing to give some help from what I've experienced for the chiles I've grown. I love the hab flavour so this year I'm growing several hab types to try to find which ones work for me. I'll take pictures of them in their full glory for you (to show how many pods formed) & this would be from seedlins & my growing season outside is only late May to late Aug. or early Sept. but I think our summers get hotter than yours by the sounds of it, but also dry (rainfall wise not humidity)
so far I'm not impressed with the "hot paper lantern" = I dont plan on growing them again.
I know theres many things to take into consideration for growth, but I want plants that grow & produce under any circumstances (hardy plants)

chilehunter, sounds like we are searching for the same thing - will make new thread about chinenses for short season areas / colder climates...:lol:

Yes, the F2 are being grown, I've changed the name a little to Piqranno..sounds better.

I've got a few F2's and they are displaying the same leaves. The real tell tale sign will be the fruit and that's probably a month away.

Back