• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Iron Chef is Cooking with Chili's

No worries anywhere.:)

I may have been mistaken about the hottest pepper used as the Iron Chef Morimoto gave the judges a stuffed Lemon Drop pepper. I've never eaten one so I don't know if it's hotter than an orange hab. Anybody?

Some of the Iron Chef shows are good, lately you see Bobby Flay getting beat out often. A lot of good chefs are not on there. Personally I have a desire to ask every chef if they can cook real food lol. I don't mean eat out in the fancy restaurant which is wonderful but everyday budget conscious food and turn out something delicious as most grandmas did for many years and without all the gadgets too.

pepperfever said:
Personally I have a desire to ask every chef if they can cook real food lol. I don't mean eat out in the fancy restaurant which is wonderful but everyday budget conscious food and turn out something delicious as most grandmas did for many years and without all the gadgets too.

Seconded! Grandmas rule! The thing about professional chefs is the military discipline and the ability to get everything ready to the point even if the restaurant is boiling over with people. That's why they need that long education.

TB: Would you admit that every meal you cook at home with love for Mrs. Blues and yourself and maybe visiting friends is better than anything you did in your 28 years in the business?

patrick said:
It was Iron Chef America. The iron chef the guy chose to battle was Morymoto, one of the Japanese dudes from the original show I believe.

The new guy won by one point. Had some serious chow and no sign of Booby Flay.

The new guy had a huge advantage. The Japanese chef did not have knowledge of the peppers. He was tasting each and every one to see which were sweet, mild, and hot. He spit out the jalepeno and downed half a bottle of beverage lol.

ok I've never watched the cooking show, but I'll say the iron chef orange/ginger sauce is a very tasty sauce for stir frys!! heat is lacking but in consideration it wasnt meant to be a HOT

Isn't this the iron chef? It's the first image that pops to mind when I hear the name.....

do_stack.jpg

thanks nova (about the avatar & its kinda hard to tell from the small avatar pic, she is not naked!)

but back to my iron chef sauce comment, another thing nice about them is that they're not all jacked up with sodium, in fact very low compared to other asain sauces.
as for heat well you can add that, which the folks here wouldnt have any problem finding some, the only problem would be choosing which type of chiles or sauce you'd like to use :lol:

scoville said:
Should be called the Bobby Flay show as he is the only one picked!
We should start some sort of campaign for them to do Chiles as the secret ingredient.I am forced to watch this as my wife loves it and its now Baseball season.An unfortunate tradeoff,but it could be worse!

Hmm

Up here in Canada the only one to get picked is Mario Batali. Which is cool as I think he is a good chef.

"booby" flay burns his food too much and is afraid of a little heat. Making a sauce and DIPPING AN UNCUT HAB IN IT FOR HEAT??? WTH.

Oh, and AB is cool. Great for getting the science and fundamentals of cooking down. Great chef? Probably not.

willard3 said:
Isn't this the iron chef? It's the first image that pops to mind when I hear the name.....

OK. WTF is that? Charcoal top and bottom of something, something, something..? And is that a beaver on his apron?

And while I'm totally off-topic...
...Ever see that show on The Travel Channel: "Man v. Food". He does spicy food challenges on almost every show I've seen.

texas blues said:
Check this out..probably not 100% accurate but..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Brown

Going to cooking school and writing about food and having a food show amounts to a big fat ZERO when it comes down to actually cooking. Having spent 28 years in the restaurant biz and also being a former professional chef, I cringe at the amatuer approach he spins. Most of the technique he employs have no use in a working kitchen. He's entirely too anal to be practical. Dude needs 20 different knives for what I can do with one 8" Wustoff. You don't think he actually put together the food and recipe's on his show do you? He's got a prep crew that does that. The cat does have alot of charm and charisma with a healthy dose of kitchiness but there is nothing about Alton Brown that is the real deal when it comes to cooking.

Cheers, TB.

Total BS. No joke.

He strives for kitchen de-cluttering. EVERYTHING must be a multi tasker.

The science behind such principals, as searing, smoking, roasting, braising, etc. are so practical and awesome they belong in ANY kitchen.

Not to mention the fact that I watched freaking "Unwrapped" when it was about spicy stuff the other night.

Chilis on Iron Chef? WTF more do you want?

I just saw another chile show. Green Chile Burger Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Of course he lost, but the burgers looks scrumptious!

JayT said:
I just saw another chile show. Green Chile Burger Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Of course he lost, but the burgers looks scrumptious!
LOL... did you see the BBQ throwdown where they guy had the smoker trailer and he brought his Weber? :rofl:

Back