• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is a pepper a fruit of vegetable

They are fruits according to the scientific definition of a fruit. It really is the same as tomatoes.

Can any mod delete this topic I started one with a poll *thanks*. hope you can add the comments too the other one also * - thanks eric.

fruit, has seeds, my bio professor freshman year who is a biotonist gave us all a big "spechiel" how tomatoes are really a fruit because it has seeds inside of them surrounded by placenta/"fuit" part of it.. was actually an interested class lol, they were both considered vegetables up until a little while ago... like a few decades ago I think.. something along those lines..from what I remember of that class

I bet people who think they're "vegetables" haven't had many good and/or sweet tomatoes or peppers. For example you could snack on sun gold cherry tomatoes like you would on grapes.

though, i now realize them as a fruit along with zuchinni & beans but when i fertilize with granular fertilizer i use either a vegetable or tomato fertilizer - not a fruit fert!

though, i now realize them as a fruit along with zuchinni & beans but when i fertilize with granular fertilizer i use either a vegetable or tomato fertilizer - not a fruit fert!
+1 I think the marketing on ferts and other things to just lump them all as vegetables makes it easier and less confusing to sell to customers and trying to explain to them which is a fruit and which is a veggy lol

Back