• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

is my chocolate hab a chocolate hab ?

i ask because all it seems to do is get a darker red instead of showing any tendencies of going brown at all !

are they supposed to "redden up" before going brown or do i simply have a mislabeled strain ?

chockornot.jpg

oh yeah, would somebody mail me some "real" chocolate hab seeds for next year ?

i could trade you some of these strange red habanero seeds or some orange habs ?

looks very similiar to my 2nd generation chocolate jolokia. the pods arnt brown and show more heat similiar to smoky bhut flavor.
any flower pics?

Talljess said:
looks very similiar to my 2nd generation chocolate jolokia. the pods arnt brown and show more heat similiar to smoky bhut flavor.
any flower pics?

nope sorry, but man them pods are HOT. guess ill just run them as "red habaneros" for my collection .. any complaints about that one ?

(cuz their like red and habs and hot and stuff ;) )

Well they are red and chinense but likely not a hab. No offence, but if everybody labelled their unknown red chinenses as red habanero then there would be a whole lot more confusion.
Personally I'd just label them something like: Talljess unknown red chinense 2009, and maybe add yor seed source

ohmatic said:
nope sorry, but man them pods are HOT. guess ill just run them as "red habaneros" for my collection .. any complaints about that one ?

(cuz their like red and habs and hot and stuff ;) )

You are tracking that Bhuts are twice as hot as red savinas habeneros right?

POTAWIE said:
Well they are red and chinense but likely not a hab. No offence, but if everybody labelled their unknown red chinenses as red habanero then there would be a whole lot more confusion.
Personally I'd just label them something like: Talljess unknown red chinense 2009, and maybe add yor seed source

oh ill definitely run UNKNOWN along with the name and i am not likely to give it away since i dont know what it is.
just for my personal labelling

Back