vendor Is pepperjoes.com a good website to get seeds

TNKS said:
No,youll have better luck with strains off eBay
This is an awesome site with plenty of generous people,there should be no issue finding all the seed you need
for a very diverse grow.
The seeds you get from members here will grow true if you can grow them out
As mentioned,Pepperlover is a solid choice for both pods and seeds
The "box" deals they offer are hard to beat,fresh pods allow you to start your seed bank and enjoy fresh pods

Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and Ill get you started with some free seed,I still have a good bit of PL strain brown moruga and yellow primo
Ive sent out 22 freebies this year so Im getting short on most everything,Ill get you hooked the rest is up to you
Im also new to the superhot scene and searching around.havent too many positives about pepperjoes so decided to order from judy.where can or who has yellow primo seeds for sale or trade all help highly appreciated.

Hi, just wanted to chime in and introduce myself as PepperJo, new owner of Pepper Joe's.  I've just posted to the Welcome forum if you'd like to learn more about me.

We'd appreciate a fresh look from the chilehead community over the next year or so.  We stand by our seeds, and will send out replacements if anyone has germination issues.  Just let us know with an email to customerservice@pepperjoe.com, and reference your order number or email address if you can.  

We're improving our isolation approaches and take quality very seriously.  I can tell you that while I see historical public posts about issues, over the past five months (Aug-Dec 2015) we have rarely received any actual customer issues, especially compared to the large volume of seeds we sold.  Does that mean that the historical issues are gone?   Or it was a particular seed issue in a particular year?  We are hopeful and are working hard to make sure that is the case.  We hope to earn trust over time.   

Please let me know your thoughts.  You can DM me too.  

PepperJo

Pepperjo said:
Hi, just wanted to chime in and introduce myself as PepperJo, new owner of Pepper Joe's.  I've just posted to the Welcome forum if you'd like to learn more about me.

We'd appreciate a fresh look from the chilehead community over the next year or so.  We stand by our seeds, and will send out replacements if anyone has germination issues.  Just let us know with an email to customerservice@pepperjoe.com, and reference your order number or email address if you can.  

We're improving our isolation approaches and take quality very seriously.  I can tell you that while I see historical public posts about issues, over the past five months (Aug-Dec 2015) we have rarely received any actual customer issues, especially compared to the large volume of seeds we sold.  Does that mean that the historical issues are gone?   Or it was a particular seed issue in a particular year?  We are hopeful and are working hard to make sure that is the case.  We hope to earn trust over time.   

PepperJo

Did you take over his wife's/partner business too, Penny's Tomatoes?

roper2008 said:

Did you take over his wife's/partner business too, Penny's Tomatoes?
No, we did not take over Penny's business.  She closed that down.  Pepperjoe.com offered tomato seeds before Penny started her business, so we do continue in that vein with a handful of exotic varieties.   

Pepperjo said:

PepperJo

Don't underestimate the number of people that hold a dubious view of PJ's seeds. Stories of seeds that grow out as crazy hybrids, or the wrong variety altogether, have been going around for years, not months; and anywhere you go, you will find people with a negative view of your new business.  I'd set aside plenty of time to visit forums, FB pages, and the like to get the word out.  Once you get the web page, packaging, etc. updated, some sort of promotion probably wouldn't hurt either.

Best of luck!

Geonerd said:

Don't underestimate the number of people that hold a dubious view of PJ's seeds. Stories of seeds that grow out as crazy hybrids, or the wrong variety altogether, have been going around for years, not months; and anywhere you go, you will find people with a negative view of your new business.  I'd set aside plenty of time to visit forums, FB pages, and the like to get the word out.  Once you get the web page, packaging, etc. updated, some sort of promotion probably wouldn't hurt either.

Best of luck!
Hi Geonerd, 
Thanks for the suggestions.  We will indeed do promotions and outreach!   

Here is the counterpoint view from within the business ... we sell thousands and thousands of seeds, to new and repeat buyers.  Maybe they're not vocal customers, but they're happy.  (And when they are not, believe me they contact us!).  We have 80k+ followers on FB, and a top 30 rating on Dave's Garden from 1000s of seed companies, and we've been successful for 25 years.  

So while there are those with a dubious view, are they out-dated?  Are they just running with prior perceptions?  Do they have their own agenda?  Do they have an issue with a personality?  We clearly want to turn them around to be positive.  We will work hard to do that.  But we also need to hope that they're willing to have a fresh perspective too.  From what I've seen on THP I'm pretty optimistic about the chilehead community doing exactly that.   

Thank you again for taking the time to chime in, Geonard.  Please don't hesitate to DM me as well.   

PepperJo

Pepperjo said:
Hi Geonerd, 
Thanks for the suggestions.  We will indeed do promotions and outreach!   

Here is the counterpoint view from within the business ... we sell thousands and thousands of seeds, to new and repeat buyers.  Maybe they're not vocal customers, but they're happy.  (And when they are not, believe me they contact us!).  We have 80k+ followers on FB, and a top 30 rating on Dave's Garden from 1000s of seed companies, and we've been successful for 25 years.  

So while there are those with a dubious view, are they out-dated?  Are they just running with prior perceptions?  Do they have their own agenda?  Do they have an issue with a personality?  We clearly want to turn them around to be positive.  We will work hard to do that.  But we also need to hope that they're willing to have a fresh perspective too.  From what I've seen on THP I'm pretty optimistic about the chilehead community doing exactly that.   

Thank you again for taking the time to chime in, Geonard.  Please don't hesitate to DM me as well.   

PepperJo

I do appreciate that The Interwebs tend to magnify and perpetuate any perceived failings.  But, in my experience, Joe's is - rightly or wrongly - associated with poor Q.C.  Joe's actual failure rate, whatever it may have been, simply does not matter!  As with all politics (herds of people interacting ;) ), reality takes a distant back seat to perception.  And the lingering perception that clings to Joe's is what you are working against.  IMO, you underestimate this at your peril!  :)

Perhaps I'm wrong, and have just happened to stumble upon more of the disgruntled people than statistically expected. Now I'm all curious!   Why don't you make a Poll here on THP and ask!

Geonerd said:

I do appreciate that The Interwebs tend to magnify and perpetuate any perceived failings.  But, in my experience, Joe's is - rightly or wrongly - associated with poor Q.C.  Joe's actual failure rate, whatever it may have been, simply does not matter!  As with all politics (herds of people interacting ;) ), reality takes a distant back seat to perception.  And the lingering perception that clings to Joe's is what you are working against.  IMO, you underestimate this at your peril!   :)

Perhaps I'm wrong, and have just happened to stumble upon more of the disgruntled people than statistically expected. Now I'm all curious!   Why don't you make a Poll here on THP and ask!

I totally get that perceptions matter.  

But, I think the best thing we can do is work hard from here, turning a fresh new page.  I hope you can give me that chance to earn your trust. 

I bought 12 varieties from them(being a new grower and going with the first website that popped up on Google that seemed mostly pepper related). I paid around $45 or $50 total I reckon. Got the seeds fairly quickly after ordering. Anyways, they threw in a free pack of prik chaa faas and Santa fe's which was nice considering I'm a newbie and excited about growing new varieties. Most seed packs had the 10 seeds as promised, although a few only had 8 or 9. Most germinated between 5 to 8 days. Still waiting on any of the purple jalapenos and tabascos to sprout but keeping fingers crossed. The atomic starfish and giant jalapeno so far only have 1 sprout each. All other varieties took off wonderfully. Will update if anyone's interested. So far the experience has been above average.

Theres an old saying in the restaurant business that kind of applies here. "A person has a good meal they tell five people, a person has a bad meal they tell fifty" we honestly probably see more people with bad impressions just due to the nature of people. For the most part people only praise places if they have consistent, repetitive, and positive experiences. But people will tend to give something a negative review condemning it just because of one bad experience, and in usually doing so they create a false perception that ripples. All you can really do is do your best. Try to create a consistent positive experience, and push forward.

rkempston said:
Theres an old saying in the restaurant business that kind of applies here. "A person has a good meal they tell five people, a person has a bad meal they tell fifty" we honestly probably see more people with bad impressions just due to the nature of people. For the most part people only praise places if they have consistent, repetitive, and positive experiences. But people will tend to give something a negative review condemning it just because of one bad experience, and in usually doing so they create a false perception that ripples. All you can really do is do your best. Try to create a consistent positive experience, and push forward.

Thanks rkempston for that perspective.  I think you're right about human nature.  We will indeed 'try to create a consistent positive experience, and push forward'.  Great advice for life and parenting too!  

crockdoc said:
.....Most seed packs had the 10 seeds as promised, although a few only had 8 or 9.
Did you see this Pepperjo?

jsschrstrcks said:
I have trouble with tabasco germiantion here in FL as well. Keep us posted. they are under new ownership - so the entire community is interested :)
I have heaps of Tabasco (OP) seeds, if you'd like, PM me your address and I'll send you some.

SR.

crockdoc said:
I bought 12 varieties from them(being a new grower and going with the first website that popped up on Google that seemed mostly pepper related). I paid around $45 or $50 total I reckon. Got the seeds fairly quickly after ordering. Anyways, they threw in a free pack of prik chaa faas and Santa fe's which was nice considering I'm a newbie and excited about growing new varieties. Most seed packs had the 10 seeds as promised, although a few only had 8 or 9. Most germinated between 5 to 8 days. Still waiting on any of the purple jalapenos and tabascos to sprout but keeping fingers crossed. The atomic starfish and giant jalapeno so far only have 1 sprout each. All other varieties took off wonderfully. Will update if anyone's interested. So far the experience has been above average.
Hi Crocdoc, thanks for being a customer and your nice comments.   We are so sorry if your seed pouches were short.  That is not right!  Please message me with your name or order number so we can fix this right away!   Or you can email customerservice@pepperjoe.com if you prefer.  Either way, we want to make this right.  

Thank you Pepperjo, I definitely appreciate the courtesy. A few seeds isn't a big deal to me though, most of the seeds did excellent at germination so I'm pretty happy so far. I got about 90% germination of the prik chi faa, joes long, kung pao, thai sun, jalapeno black, jalapeno early, cayenne blend, fresno, sante fe, and firecrackers. Got about 25% germination of the starfish. However 0% of the Tabasco and purple jalapenos germinated after 4 weeks. I'm new to growing so I'm unsure if those varieties are just very finicky or what not.

Back