vendor Is pepperjoes.com a good website to get seeds

crockdoc said:
Thank you Pepperjo, I definitely appreciate the courtesy. A few seeds isn't a big deal to me though, most of the seeds did excellent at germination so I'm pretty happy so far. I got about 90% germination of the prik chi faa, joes long, kung pao, thai sun, jalapeno black, jalapeno early, cayenne blend, fresno, sante fe, and firecrackers. Got about 25% germination of the starfish. However 0% of the Tabasco and purple jalapenos germinated after 4 weeks. I'm new to growing so I'm unsure if those varieties are just very finicky or what not.
Hi Crocdoc, I just sent you a PM to see if I can convince you to let me replace those seeds!  Have a great weekend and welcome to growing! 

I will definitely give credit where it is due, I am impressed with Pepperjo

I had an issue with two seed varieties, one had 0% germination and one only around 20%. I contact them and had a response very quickly and a statement that they would absolutely take care of it.
Today I received an envelope in the mail, replacing the poor performing seeds, in fact two packages of the variety that did not germinate at all, and two free packages of seed just the same as if i had placed a new order.

Im really impressed with the service and see no comparison to the old horror stories and the company under Pepperjo. I would order again.

Thanks again Pepperjo

Hmm..... now im nervous. I have 11 varieties on my grow list for 2016 that I purchased from PJ's, in fact, I just received the seeds yesterday. I did pay a little more thinking they were a reputable company , and didnt want to "take any chances". I haven't opened the packets yet, but plan to sow in the next 7 to 10 days.

Heres the PJ seed list
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
Ghost Pepper
Ancho Poblano
Italian Pepperoncini
Hot Cherry Pepper
Satans Kiss
Spicy Mustard habenero (spelled musturd)
Long red narrow cayenne
King of the north bell
PJ's jalapeno
Sweet bananna pepper

They also added 2 feed seed packs.
Anaheim
New Mexico Big Jim

Hopefully I will be a happy customer.

Stay tuned.......

Hi Boba Dink, thank you for being a customer!   Yes, I believe you will be happy!  Please let me (or customerservice@pepperjoe.com) know if you have any questions.  We recommend the wet paper towel method for germination.  Here is a link to a quick video on that.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaiFGhxnRY  I'll let the team know about the typo. 
Take care, Laura Jo / Pepper Jo

Freedom89 said:
I will definitely give credit where it is due, I am impressed with Pepperjo

I had an issue with two seed varieties, one had 0% germination and one only around 20%. I contact them and had a response very quickly and a statement that they would absolutely take care of it.
Today I received an envelope in the mail, replacing the poor performing seeds, in fact two packages of the variety that did not germinate at all, and two free packages of seed just the same as if i had placed a new order.

Im really impressed with the service and see no comparison to the old horror stories and the company under Pepperjo. I would order again.

Thanks again Pepperjo
Thank you for your kind words Freedom89!   We aim to please.  
Laura Jo / Pepper Jo

I got the PM and really appreciate you guys sending me a few extra seed packs for the poor germinating varieties. There's always a chance that it was my fault for the poor germination and you guys went out of your way to make me have a successful first grow. Thank you kindly again. Also, all the other varieties are almost rootbound in their solo cups and it hasn't even been a month since sprouting, thank god the 3 qt pots showed up yesterday lol.

Good to know they're legit and my germination issues are just me. I bought Carolina reaper and ghost pepper from them but wasn't able to germinate a single one. I'm going to have to buy more from them then and try again. I tried the paper towel method and a seedling mat with no luck but I soaked the paper towels and I didn't leave the bag open a tiny bit is what I'm guessing the issue was. This is my first time trying to grow either.

rkempston said:
Theres an old saying in the restaurant business that kind of applies here. "A person has a good meal they tell five people, a person has a bad meal they tell fifty" we honestly probably see more people with bad impressions just due to the nature of people. For the most part people only praise places if they have consistent, repetitive, and positive experiences. But people will tend to give something a negative review condemning it just because of one bad experience, and in usually doing so they create a false perception that ripples. All you can really do is do your best. Try to create a consistent positive experience, and push forward.

well said my friend !       :onfire:

Just wanted to say that you guys are the best. I complained about an order I received in 2014. When new management took Pepper Joe's over, they picked up on the complaint on thehotpepper forum. Pepper Joe's undertook to replace the seeds. It really stirs me. I hope you guys the best and I am bowled over.  I will definitely use you again and i will spread the news on how you treated me. Thanks again
1916234_196545427387632_3373785956266013639_n.jpg

I am keeping an open mind almost ordered back when he ran things then found this site & read reviews but what sold me against him was when he attacked a member in here plus other things I seen.
Since it been under new ownership I've been watching carefully & so far I like what I been seeing.

Plantguy76 said:
I am keeping an open mind almost ordered back when he ran things then found this site & read reviews but what sold me against him was when he attacked a member in here plus other things I seen.
Since it been under new ownership I've been watching carefully & so far I like what I been seeing.
i also come from there, plus the seeds i bought did not come thru. The old establishment ignored me and blocked me on Facebook. I explained it to the new management a year later and they immediately undertook to replace  the seeds(which was not in their problem).  So a package was send out and it was confiscated by customs. They again send out a new batch which i listed on top.  i must say they have bent over backwards to make things work. I will support them again if they have what i seek. I only plant for a hobby .

Back