• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Is the Orange Hab a runaway favorite???

My favorite Hab (or Hab shaped C Chinense) is the:

• Total voters
I voted Chocolate cause i like it's flavour in food.....

But if it was the best raw chilli to eat then the orange hab wins....

I voted for the orange hab 'cause unfortunately that's the only hab I've gotten to try thus far. Well, not including those weird heatless habs...which are just weird.

I voted for 2 in the list.

The flavour of the Caribbean red I find outstanding, great on pizza. And the Choc Hab, looks stunning as the big brown pods ripen against the green stem & foliage, and those brown pods make a smokin' hot delicious paste too!

billyboy said:
I voted for 2 in the list.

The flavour of the Caribbean red I find outstanding, great on pizza. And the Choc Hab, looks stunning as the big brown pods ripen against the green stem & foliage, and those brown pods make a smokin' hot delicious paste too!

Not to mention that when the pod is turning from green to brown, there is not a more gorgeous pepper.

Golden bullets have incredible flavor, but they are such a PITA to pick! I actually got so tired of picking the tiny little things that I let a few go bad on the vine.

I love my chocolate hab plant and the savina plant that are going to enter their 2nd year, but went with the Caribbean Red in the end...it has done the best as far as production and has a tremendous flavor to it...

I also voted orange

from that list I've grown or tried to grow Orange, Peach, White Bullet, Red Savina and Chocolate with mixed results. the good old faithful generic Orange Hab has always performed for me.

I can't be bothered growing varieties that just don't work out. my Golden Habs and Red Savs from last year were a disaster and will not feature on my grow list ever again. Orange on the other hand will likely be a regular starter.

Back