• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this pepper dying?

From what little I know, I must agree with needing wind, I would add a SMALL breeze from a fan. Also, how many hours/day of light are you giving it? Is it consistent, on a timer?

From what little I know, I must agree with needing wind, I would add a SMALL breeze from a fan. Also, how many hours/day of light are you giving it? Is it consistent, on a timer?

It's getting lots of wind, 18h light per day (timer) and only water. Right now I have to adjust the lights distance every week, cause it keeps growing into them, even tho it has 6x30W pointed at it (5500K)

I'm new to hot peppers, but I know that with other plants that decreasing the # of hours a day of light (slowly) will make the plant start to flower. If you plan to keep it indoors, with it being so tall, I would decrease the time of light by 10 minutes a day for a week or so and start getting some fruit!

I am NO expert, hopefully someone else can confirm this!

EDIT: I mean to decrease the TIME of the light cycle, NOT the intensity of light :)

Chile peppers are not photo sensitive - the bloom wont change when adjusting light times when they bloom they bloom - you can start using a light dose of bloom ferts

Thank you Luckydog!

So, the light cycle time has no affect? Would it be better in his case to increase it then, or is 18 hours the norm?

PS: Stop looking in my window!

:lol: I was looking at your tree in the window honestly!! I would stay on the 16-18 hour regiment seems to work the best

I'm new to hot peppers, but I know that with other plants that decreasing the # of hours a day of light (slowly) will make the plant start to flower. If you plan to keep it indoors, with it being so tall, I would decrease the time of light by 10 minutes a day for a week or so and start getting some fruit!

I am NO expert, hopefully someone else can confirm this!

EDIT: I mean to decrease the TIME of the light cycle, NOT the intensity of light :)

What else have you been growing? :lol:

So, this little guy has about 15 pods now. Any idea what it is?
8tItW.jpg

Back