• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It's a Hot Pepper Halloween...

It's that time of year again in the U.S.... pepper harvests and ghouls abound! I know there are many who post here from other countries. I wonder which celebrate Halloween. Halloween is fun (MHO) and has continued to evolve in the U.S. over the last 30 years to become an all encompassing celebration with adults going to costumes parties and kids trick or treating door to door for candy.

Happy Halloween

Redhabatgraveyardentrance01lores.jpg

`All Hallowes Eve `Samhain` `Day Of The Dead` so many names,Here in the U.K the kids will be out trick or treating..If they happen to Knock on a certain Door in Kent..Where the House Is in darkness and Occupier is Busy Making Sprout and Pumpkin Soup,Be careful..She may
give the kids a hotter treat than thought they would get..MwHaHaHa
:mouthonfire:

talas said:
`All Hallowes Eve `Samhain` `Day Of The Dead` so many names,Here in the U.K the kids will be out trick or treating..If they happen to Knock on a certain Door in Kent..Where the House Is in darkness and Occupier is Busy Making Sprout and Pumpkin Soup,Be careful..She may
give the kids a hotter treat than thought they would get..MwHaHaHa
:mouthonfire:

I don't know how to cook Pumpkin, so Sprout and boiled to f*ck Broccoli soup would be the dish of the day. Hey all these kids on Halloween drives my dog loony. I've still got some of the highly 'Bounce of the wall' sweets that Con got whilst Trick or Treating last year, I wonder if I can hand those out to the 'not so nice kids' and the ones with parents that I don't really like.

I've always wanted to take a hot pepper, take out the seeds and carve a little halloween face into it. Put an LED inside and light the sucker up.

imaguitargod said:
I've always wanted to take a hot pepper, take out the seeds and carve a little halloween face into it. Put an LED inside and light the sucker up.

Damnit! I was actually half-assed working on that today. I have a green bell pepper here I was starting to carve a face on, step two was locating an LED, resistor and battery. I got the idea looking at this thread :)

IGG can read minds:shocked:

imaguitargod said:

You have two days!!... what are you waiting for!? You can get a battery powered LED from Radio Shack.

Got tools?

xacto.jpg

Post pics of carved peppers!

Txclosetgrower said:
I have a green bell pepper here I was starting to carve a face on
The trick is to do it with a hot pepper like a Fatalii or Red Savina (or a Pumpkin HAbanero).
Txclosetgrower said:
IGG can read minds:shocked:
:) So that's the voices I keep hearing in my head! :shocked:

rainbowberry said:
I don't know how to cook Pumpkin, so Sprout and boiled to f*ck Broccoli soup would be the dish of the day. Hey all these kids on Halloween drives my dog loony. I've still got some of the highly 'Bounce of the wall' sweets that Con got whilst Trick or Treating last year, I wonder if I can hand those out to the 'not so nice kids' and the ones with parents that I don't really like.

Lol im sure he can hand out those matured sweets to all those GOOD folks :)

Halloween isnt that big down here. Its getting more popular though. And my wife is American so our house gets "the treatment"

We then do Thanksgiving and her devotion to Christmas and decorations is kinda scary...

Brokensea said:
Halloween isnt that big down here. Its getting more popular though. And my wife is American so our house gets "the treatment"

We then do Thanksgiving and her devotion to Christmas and decorations is kinda scary...
Since it's spring there,
what kind of decorations is she using since they are both (Halloween and Thanksgiving) harvest
celebrations? Also- does Santa still wear a winter coat?

Naive American

Over here, about 10 years ago Halloween was only known to people that have seen the movie or some sitcom episode on it. Then some clever businessmen discovered it as another possibility to draw money from people's pockets. Seems to work fine. The young kids seem to take it for granted already and pumpkins and special Halloween editions of foods are on sale everywhere.
The only think I like about that is that I can get fresh pumpkin much more easily at this time of the year!
I love pumpkin chili!

Is there anything more enjoyable or rewarding than scaring the crap out of some neighborhood kids :)

Aside from a few skeletons in trees, the severed arm on the gate & evil glowing eyes glaring from the cubby house. When I open the door a shrunken head drops in front of their face. Another skeleton jumps off the balcony at them when they turn to leave.
MMmwwwwahahahaha:hell:

I think I'm ready :hell:

Your house will be the one children avoid from next year on! The one, where the strange evil guy lives who supposedly eats children in his cellar!

Chiliac said:
Your house will be the one children avoid from next year on!

I can only hope

Chiliac said:
The one, where the strange evil guy lives who supposedly eats children in his cellar!

supposedly ?? oh yeah, nothing can be proved :)

Of course there was 1 kid who went...Oh wow, yeah...hsrunken head, wow you got me there man...What treats do you have?

didnt even flinch.

I'll get my revenge next year.

Back