• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

It's a New day! What time is it?

I agree that Batch is a fine back-up and also that Big Ben needs to heal up. With his wreck and on field injuries a few weeks would do him wonders. You guys could make it through that, then squeeze into the playoffs with a big,bad healthy Ben.
The stang sound sweet dude. Have you posted any pix?
Yeah the little ricers with there stupid fart pipes make me crazy. I love pullin away from them in Mabeline, they don’t expect it from an old 71 Ford pickup (325hp w 397cubes)
Zoom Zoom Zoom, My A**!

kato said:
Y,all think you have it bad I'm a fish fan (Dolphins) and this has been a terrible year again. Maybe we'll get the 1st pick I'm not sure if that will even help unless we can trade the pick for say 22 picks.

Mick
Kato's

Mick,
i am with you on that one...what a terrible season...

Look on the bright side Kato, the Fins can't lose on a bye week...

I take that back, my Steelers just did. ;) This was almost as bad as when the Texans beat us in '02 21-3 in a game that we outgained them 400+ yards to 31. I wouldn't mind so much if Art Shell and Bob Ryan didn't look like they just walked off the set of Oz.

Hillbilly Chili said:
The stang sound sweet dude. Have you posted any pix? Yeah the little ricers with there stupid fart pipes make me crazy. I love pullin away from them in Mabeline, they don’t expect it from an old 71 Ford pickup (325hp w 397cubes)Zoom Zoom Zoom, My A**!

Enough about the Steelers, they suck, and I'm finding ways of dealing with it. LOL!

We have a virtual locust swarm of those stupid fart boxes around here. I have been wondering how anyone could possibly think they are "cool" when there car sounds like a heinous evacuation after a long night of beers. You have to laugh at the crap they bolt on to it though. They pay $15k for the "half-a-car" and then bolt on another $10k of worthless plastic air dams and erector set tail wings, and oh yeah, the Maxwell House exhaust. With the subwoofers in them, it's almost as if they "hop" at traffic lights, LOL! You really have to love seeing a Honda Civic with "dual" exhaust! Dude, I'm not making this up. I asked the guy what the deal with the dual exhaust was, and he actually said he dropped a V-8 into it (No, I didn't just laugh at him right there, I figured I'd make him look stupid first). I then asked him why only one tailpipe was dirty, he just looked at me. LOL!

For the money kids are spending on these 'disposable' cars, and all the crap they bolt onto it, they could afford a good old American V-8. But then again, they're probably up to their eyeballs in debt, paying off the snorkel system they put on it for underwater racing. LOL!

DEFCON Creator said:
Enough about the Steelers, they suck, and I'm finding ways of dealing with it. LOL!

We have a virtual locust swarm of those stupid fart boxes around here. I have been wondering how anyone could possibly think they are "cool" when there car sounds like a heinous evacuation after a long night of beers. You have to laugh at the crap they bolt on to it though. They pay $15k for the "half-a-car" and then bolt on another $10k of worthless plastic air dams and erector set tail wings, and oh yeah, the Maxwell House exhaust. With the subwoofers in them, it's almost as if they "hop" at traffic lights, LOL! You really have to love seeing a Honda Civic with "dual" exhaust! Dude, I'm not making this up. I asked the guy what the deal with the dual exhaust was, and he actually said he dropped a V-8 into it (No, I didn't just laugh at him right there, I figured I'd make him look stupid first). I then asked him why only one tailpipe was dirty, he just looked at me. LOL!

For the money kids are spending on these 'disposable' cars, and all the crap they bolt onto it, they could afford a good old American V-8. But then again, they're probably up to their eyeballs in debt, paying off the snorkel system they put on it for underwater racing. LOL!

I'm sick of those idiots also....so i bought myself a double-whammy for a sleeper....it's a 1990 Caprice station wagon(brown) and i've got a 73' cadillac 472 to drop into it...i'm even leaving the "pood"(plastic wood) on the sides of the car. I've got a set of drag radials for it, some adjustable boxed control arms, a set of 3.90 gears and a locker for it, and a built turbo 400 with a 3100 stall converter. Should be funny as hell tearing one of those cars apart with "grandpa's wagon":hell:

haha well i have a civic but it doesn't sound like farts as it goes by. once i get get some more cash in the bank..i'm looking to get rid of the civic for something a bit nicer...and rwd.

at work we have a client that has a pretty serious mustang set up for drag. he was actually trying to get some financing for a new engine that would run him about 40k!!!

the funniest thing to me about those spinners is that most of the cars i see them on, aren't even worth as much as a set of 4 spinners! ;)

That's my entire point. I'm not calling all Civics fart boxes, just those wannabe "Fast and Furious" buggies, with the seats cranked all the way back, pounding out defibrillator frequencies with their stupid subwoofers, not knowing they're slowly walking the bolts out of their cars. Why anyone would dump thousands of dollars of strap-on plastic crap onto one is beyond me. Half of the one's around here are all smashed up pieces of raccoon dung with one headlight, but a brand new worthless erector set spoiler and a 6 inch coffee can that doesn't fit on the back. A belt sander has a better sound than those things, and would probably beat it 0-60 unless you dropped the coffee can fart box out of an airplane.

$40k on a motor, quite a bit. I dropped about $15k in to the entire car (suspension, ignition, tires, supercharger, etc.) and am doing all the work myself and with a good mechanic buddy of mine. Most of the drivers of the coffee can fart boxes don't know where their radiator cap is located.

Let me point out once again, that I drive a 1975 AMC Glemlin, it does not fart and actually gets more looks then most of those Fast and Furious-ly Bad cars...go figure. I've only dumped $750 into that sucker (that's including the $500 to buy the car).

imaguitargod said:
Let me point out once again, that I drive a 1975 AMC Gremlin, it does not fart and actually gets more looks then most of those Fast and Furious-ly Bad cars...go figure. I've only dumped $750 into that sucker (that's including the $500 to buy the car).

You know....i know where there's an AMC 360 V8 that runs...it's cheap, and it'll fit in your Gremlin, bro....

Sickmont said:
You know....i know where there's an AMC 360 V8 that runs...it's cheap, and it'll fit in your Gremlin, bro....
LOL, let's have my car suck EVEN MORE gas. It's got a straight six in it right now and gets around 16 mpg...freeway...but out of shear crazyness, how much and where?

imaguitargod said:
LOL, let's have my car suck EVEN MORE gas. It's got a straight six in it right now and gets around 16 mpg...freeway...but out of shear crazyness, how much and where?

Not far from here...$150. It's sitting in someone's old Jeep swamp buggy project that never got finished, but it starts up and runs great...this dudes mother wants it out of her yard NOW...meaning the whole jeep is $150, but the only thing worth it is the engine.

And theoretically, a larger engine will get better gas mileage because you don't have to push down on the gas so far to accelerate and maintain speed....but wackos like me throw that theory right out the window, because it's dependent upon NOT flooring it, and theres no way i can NOT floor something:hell:

Eh, that's means I would have to fly out to the land of swamps and drive a swamp buggy back to LA...probably would cost to much to do...but thanks for thinkin of me.

imaguitargod said:
Eh, that's means I would have to fly out to the land of swamps and drive a swamp buggy back to LA...probably would cost to much to do...but thanks for thinkin of me.

I was thinking more of you driving the Gremlin here and having a weekend blow-out with both vehicles at my shop and then you could see how fast you can get back to L.A. with your new-found horsepower....

Sickmont said:
I was thinking more of you driving the Gremlin here and having a weekend blow-out with both vehicles at my shop and then you could see how fast you can get back to L.A. with your new-found horsepower....
God that would be great, but I'm starting a new job (I got the video game tester job) on Nov 13, and don't have enough money for gas. I also don't think my car will make it that far...it had trouble just going to Phoenix, AZ and back...

As far as how fast I can get back to LA...I can't got any faster then 90 MPH, because at that point the front end starts to take off from the ground(found that out in Arizona when I noticed I was sitting higher off the ground then usual, slammed on the breaks and the front of the car slammed back down on the road).

DEFCON Creator said:
$40k on a motor, quite a bit. I dropped about $15k in to the entire car (suspension, ignition, tires, supercharger, etc.) and am doing all the work myself and with a good mechanic buddy of mine. Most of the drivers of the coffee can fart boxes don't know where their radiator cap is located.

i don't know the details of the motor..but its a fully built up engine specifically made for high output set ups. heres a couple pics of his current project mustang at moroso. he has another mustang that is for the street that is putting down more than enough power!
IMG_3868s.jpg

IMG_3926s.jpg

second ones a bit blurry...didn't use a flash and wasn't as steady as i thought.

Back