• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It's Soooo Hot

Everyone it's so damn hot. 96f with a bunch of humidity. Poor plants in the garden were begging for water. I have 30 more to put in the ground but I have to wait till 10pm Saturday to put them in after dark. Getting too old for this. But love the heat of the peppers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 57
96strat said:
Everyone it's so damn hot. 96f with a bunch of humidity. Poor plants in the garden were begging for water. I have 30 more to put in the ground but I have to wait till 10pm Saturday to put them in after dark. Getting too old for this. But love the heat of the peppers!

cathy isn't far from you teach , she just called , in MEMPHIS !  SAYS HOT AS ALL GET GO ! 

^^Ditto^^
Out in Phoenix a few days ago and it was 119* and then 123* the next day
We beat feet back to Texas to a comfortable 97* :)

Nice grow!

Nice garden. Pod's are looking amazing. Pace yourself. It's easier for the plants to catch up, than us.

Cooled off to 96, then torrential thunder storm. 96f 100% humidity. Hate it.

I'll take 100 0% vs 96 100% humidity

Damn heat index

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 50
duuuuude. 

It'll be 98 here today w like 99% humidity and an index of 108.

I step outside and feel like i jumped in the pool.

Nice garden I really wish I could plant directly into the ground but the dirt here fricken sucks.. But yea our little planet isn't happy this was last weekend.

3_zpszis8rpdz.jpg

32% humidity and 115f at our chiller towers weather station currently.  So NOT a dry heat anymore.  My peppers are still going great at 50% shade.

Transplanted my SBs into 5 gal buckets a couple of weeks ago, just before we had a short string of 90s and sun. Now, most of those plants have lost most or all of their leaves. Some of the other plants (SB and non-SBs) are just wilting away. I'd attribute it to sunburn (brown spots - particularly on the SBs), but I thought they'd make it thru.

Many of my other plants are doing well. Most that are were bigger than the ones dying, before being transplanted. Also, my tomatoes are getting along like gangbusters; and my store bought peppers, that I put into raised beds, are doing well so far.

For my SBs in particular, I gave them 1/4c of bonemeal, 1/4c of azomite (both mixed in below current root level), maybe a couple of tbsp of bloodmeal and maybe one tbs of kelpmeal. With the other pepper plants, I gave 1/3 the amount of bonemeal and azomite each, that I gave to the SBs.

Do you think it's the sun? Transplant shock? Over-fert?

Back