• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense J.R. Scotch BoNaga???

Ok silly question.I followed the site Rainbowberry showed me
(TY R.B.) about crossing.So I carefully pulled all the petals then the other things and left the Pistel like the site said
off 1 of my J.R.S. Bonnets unopened buds then took some Naga Morich pollen and gently rubbed it on the pistel.My question is...??
It has started growing a pod is it from the seeds of that pod
when ripe and dried etc etc then planted (if it went correctly)
that will become the crossed plant????Any info would be great
Tom

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Ok silly question.I followed the site Rainbowberry showed me
(TY R.B.) about crossing.So I carefully pulled all the petals then the other things and left the Pistel like the site said
off 1 of my J.R.S. Bonnets unopened buds then took some Naga Morich pollen and gently rubbed it on the pistel.My question is...??
It has started growing a pod is it from the seeds of that pod
when ripe and dried etc etc then planted (if it went correctly)
that will become the crossed plant????Any info would be great
Tom

Yes if the cross has worked the planted seed will become the hybrid,Try and pollinate the plants more than once and go back and forth doing the same as before giving yourself as much chance as possible to have a crossed plant..and don't forget to write it somewhere so you no the cross and can identify the plant when they fruit and cross fingers you have a cross hehe lets hope ;)

Thank Talas Buddy.I have the pod singled out so I know where it
is. Hopefully it took!!I am too lazy to do more this season ,plus the season is almost over here getting close to fall :(
Now for seeds...$100,000 for 25 :lol:
I want a cottage up north :lol:I am Kidding of course I will share:)

$100,000 Sounds cheap at half the price my friend..cant blame you for wanting a cottage though..where up north ? :)

I did this Tom and put a tag around the flower. I got a pod growing and picked it the other day, the problem is that I can't even remeber what I crossed it with and then got the chilli muddled up with the rest of them. Oh well there's always next year, I suppose there was no point saving seed from my unknown cross anyway, all I know is that half of it was a Peach Hab.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Up in Northern Michigan!! Far away from the city daily life.
Where I can run the pup hunt some game and grow alot of chile plants :):lol:

Well my friend cannot blame you wanting that..Sounds good :)

Well Today I was out with the pup and checking the plants when...
I decided to try an cross another Bonaga then proceded to
attempt to cross a Bonnet with a Fatalli. My experiment now
consists of 2 Bonaga's (tied an orange string on the 2 Bonaga's
to find them)and 2 Botalli's (yellow strings):lol:
Please help me!!!!! I am out of control!!!:lol:

Yes have done some crosses myself will send you some seed when i harvest...then we can share our mutations together :rolleyes::lol:

STOP NOW H.P.F.F YOU MAY BE CREATING MONSTERS!!!

1.gif

talas said:
Yes have done some crosses myself will send you some seed when i harvest...then we can share our mutations together :rolleyes::lol:

STOP NOW H.P.F.F YOU MAY BE CREATING MONSTERS!!!

1.gif

Hey may be, but they sure sound good. I'll probably experiment with that stuff this winter. It'll probably take a long time to get something consistant, but it sure would be fun to get something unique.:) Also, it sure is nice up North TL. I really love it out in the Jackson, Hillsdale area too. (Where I want to move in a few years.) That's not up north, but the deer hunting is awesome and the land is reasonable. I love up north too though. Especially the UP. Everytime I go up there I feel like if I were to walk off of the road straight back it would take days to find another house

talas said:
H.P.F.F Cross`s Are Coming For You......

3.gif

What have I gotten my self into?????? :lol::lol:
If the dont cross I still have some nice looking bonnets coming :lol: Things are growing like mad. In my very brief
growing history (less tha 1 year lol) they seem too be
the quickest growers (pod development wise)!!
oh and btw if they do cross I will for sure share to all!!!

Me to..Wohoo :onfire:

Yep Its just been this season for me to the 2008 Newbies we are,will send you some seeds when i harvest looking end of october
:)

Back