• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JAB Farms to attempt GLOG for first time!

I've been told for years that my craziness should be documented somewhere. Well, I'm going to attempt it. Each year I like to start at least 3 times what I am planning for myself. I do fill 3 other (neighbors and family) gardens as well but even so have tons of plants. And on average I have 500 hot pepper plants in our garden, with 35-50 superhots in buckets on deck. (along with 75 tomatoes, okra, tons of cucs in garden) This year I started 42 types of HOT peppers, 12 types of sweet (not for me!). I'll attach photo's later - so in some kind of order) as I have several in my 30+ trays of 48 as I am starting transplanting and putting back under lights until they are ready for greenhouse. There are 3 - 5 shelf shelving units inside with lights across and 3 shelving units of 4 shelves in garage as backup.

What's the crazy guy growing this year? In HOT category (for most of us)
Carolina Reaper, White Moruga Scorpion, Trinidad Scorpion, Apocalypse Scorpion, White Trinidad Scorpion, Caribbean Red, Datil, Red Savina, Helios, Scotch Bonnet Freeport Orange, Thai Culinary, Thai Dragon (2 types), Prik Chi Faa, Bottle Rocket, Kung Pao, Aji Amarillo, Aji Pineapple, Sugar Rush Peach, thunder Mountain Longhorn, Long Red Slim Cayenne, Long Thick Cayenne, Lemon Drop, Devil Serrano, Hot Rod Serrano, Santo Domingo Serrano, Antiplano Serrano, Joe Cayenne, Atomic (Brazilian) Starfish, Big Thai, Orange Spice, Biker Billy, Jalapeno Early, Jedi Jalapeno, Dante Jalapeno, Everman Jalapeno, Inferno Hot Banana, Gochujang King, Cucumber Pepper, Numex Big Jim and JAB Superhot (usually a cross between all my superhots from previous year)

Hope someone can at least laugh at my craziness!

More to come.

Attachments

• jab_farms_logo-01.png
    jab_farms_logo-01.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 635
A lot going on over here in Suffolk VA. Finally got my two gardens tilled (and a neighbors) this weekend. Made lines in one of mine (front large one). At this point, we are still experiencing 40s in the evenings so I haven't moved a ton out into greenhouse yet. Only the Tomatoes (as they outgrew my lights/shelves) and the larger/healthier peppers are out and enjoying the greenhouse. I finally took a few more pics to share! This is as of April 1st. Reapers inside ready for a trip to Greenhouse (couple lemon drops also).

20240401_REAPER_INSIDE.jpg

Next up are a few more of those enjoying the greenhouse. Serrano family (Antiplano, Devil and Santo Domingo). Healthy and ready for garden!! Hopefully another week I can start risking putting some out. I of course can do this as I have PLENTY to backfill if something doesn't take.

20240401_SERRANO_GH.jpg

Tomatoes hate the greenhouse. Yes, I watered :) A bunch of these will be going in this weekend. (Same reason as above - I can risk trying early and always backfill if something doesn't look up to par in a few weeks. That is all I have today - but will write more once I start moving them out to Greenhouse in bunches. Becomes a jungle out there...

20240401_TOM_GH2.jpg
20240401_TOM_GH.jpg

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated! Been a little busy here. Tomatoes as you saw above grew too fast, so planted some deep (I think 59 so far) but rest i tossed and started new batches of them. Apparently I don't need to start them as early next year when making own mixture and not using a store bought mix. :) Note to self. I have since planted a entire row of each : Big Thai (20), Helios (21) (Orange Habanero), Santo Domingo (20) (Serrano) and then partial rows of Numex Big Jim (8), Dante (7) (Jalapeno), more Helios (8), Aji Amarillo (8). I even went a little crazy and put out 8 superhots. Literally a month early as my greenhouse is nuts at this time... so have plenty to back fill if something doesn't like it... (6 Reapers, 2 Apocalypse Scorpions). I'll try to be better about posting! Please see pictures below of it all coming together!

Greenhouse as of Sunday... and no it is still not everything. Have another 10 trays of peppers, and then 6 trays of tomatoes just restarted along with 2 of cucumbers started - still growing inside.

20240421_175144.jpg

Last edited:
Back