food Jalapeno Pie

Ok, ok, yes it's actually a quiche, but whatever.
I LIKE PIE.

1--7 to 11 0z can Jalapeno Peppers(i'm using fresh ones myself)
1/2 lb Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 Eggs
Dash of Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste

Drain peppers and chop a little over half of them into smaller pieces (I like mine tiny). Spray bottom of a 9 inch pie plate with Pam and line bottom and sides of pie plate with peppers (tiny pieces in bottom; slices around sides like a crust). Press grated cheese in plate on top of peppers.
Beat eggs in a bowl adding salt and pepper & milk (like you were preparing to scramble). Pour over cheese and jalapenos.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 or 30 minutes.

As an appetizer you can leave in plate and cut into tiny pieces to pass as finger food.

As dinner cut into pie wedges and serve with salad.

I suppose you could use hab powder if you didn't use fresh chillis. Blue cheese in quiche is nice too, I think roasted veg would go well in it too. Heck don't listen to me though, my usual meal is anything simple that usually doesn't require cooking.

Quiche-Chilis Erm two great foods in harmony damn going to dabble at that Recipe tomorrow Mr S nice recipe cheers :)

rainbowberry said:
I suppose you could use hab powder if you didn't use fresh chillis. Blue cheese in quiche is nice too, I think roasted veg would go well in it too. Heck don't listen to me though, my usual meal is anything simple that usually doesn't require cooking.

It amazes me how much we have in common sometimes.

talas said:
Quiche-Chilis Erm two great foods in harmony damn going to dabble at that Recipe tomorrow Mr S nice recipe cheers :)

Thanks. When i first saw it, i immediately saw it's potential for experimentation.

Cheers right back at ya!

That's why I love ya SM as great/warped minds think alike. At least you can cook though. Hey wait if it's quiche where's the pastry stuff at the bottom and sides?

rainbowberry said:
That's why I love ya SM as great/warped minds think alike. At least you can cook though. Hey wait if it's quiche where's the pastry stuff at the bottom and sides?

Well, i guess it's not technically a quiche but then again it is argueably one. You could use one of those pre-made pie crusts you can buy at the store if you wanted to.

i make quiche now and than. i will give it a shot. i'll probably use fresh chiles though. no need to use canned if it can be avoided.

Back