• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Jalapeno Roaster

I haven't used it, but I've seen it and I think it's one of the more useful BBQ accessoires created recently. I wouldn't mind being given one! :)

My buddy made his own from some scrap stainless lying around our shop. Took him like 15 minutes total to whip it up. They work like a charm, too.

I've had one for what now...almost four years? There cool at first but then the whole cutting off the top 'thang and deseeding was a pain. Mine is a big paper weight now. I do my poppers the old fashioned way now...sliced lengthwise, scrape with a small spoon and voila! Stuff and bake and/or grill or broil.

Cheers, TB.

I hollow my japs ill cut the top off and get out the carrot peeler it cleans those japs very easily....Ill go to the next town over and buy a monster size bag of japs and its pretty cheap.I have yet to roast any on my bbq.Ive done them in the oven like that though wrapped in tinfoil

I gotta say I have never seen those before, freakin awesome!! I cant wait to get one, thanks for sharing. :onfire:

Ok, since I didnt have one of these yet but still just haaad to have some stuffed peppers like the ones shown in the pictures, this was my solution. I found about 8 nicely corked jalapenos of my plants and cooked them on this. Yes, its cheap, yes thats a beer can chicken stand with two skewers on top of it. :) Most importantly, that is bacon grease dripping off of them. ;)

They were pretty tastey and the contraption worked, it held the peppers up off the grill just far enough for cooking yet I was able to put the lid on.

jappoppers.jpg

Back