Jalapeno Roaster

there have been several threads talking about this kind of roaster Klyth...most people like them but I don't personally for two reasons...first you have to cut the top off and "core" the pepper before stuffing, and second in order to make it work, you need all the same size jalapenos or you will have some high and some low if you know what I mean...JMO...I had rather splittem, stuffem, wrapem in bacon and be done with it....

That's how I've always done them, but the ability to stuff them from the top affords more variety of stuffing. Specifically, something like chili con queso would be too runny to stuff in a jalapeno cut lengthwise...

But I see what you mean about the size of the peppers... That could be annoying...

Hey Klyth , AJ is right the jals are a lot of work but good.I`ve got 1 of these roasters and use it a good bit.I`m trying this yr to switch to hungarian wax peppers instead.I`ve got 2 plants going and they are fairly even in size as peppers not plants.They aren`t as bad to core and they hold more stuffing.1 to 10 i`ll rate it a 7 .I enjoy cooking when watching a race or football game so lil work i`ll enjoy.Have a good one.

chuk hell said:
It is! I should post a pic!

Like this?
roaster.jpg

Cool! Looks like someone took a 12-gauge to it.

kumen said:
you can do it better
If anyone sees nonsense posts like this can you help by reporting them? It's a new type of spam, where they come back later and edit the spam into the post. Thanks

I broke down and bought a 56 holer yesterday at ZestFest...wife said she wanted one and would core the Japs...

090708a001.jpg

my favorite stuffing is mexican 4 cheese and canned chicken breast in equal parts with a little tony chachere's creole seasoning (to taste, a little goes a long way) and of course, they have to be wrapped in bacon....

Back