• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison 2015

Hey guys,  back for another year.  I really downsized this year on the varieties being grown.  Concentrating mostly on flavor for 2015.  I got seeds soaked and started about 1 week ago and have a few sprouts as of yesterday.  I planted directly into styrofoam cups with Ocean Forest soil and placed in a humidity dome with a heatmat underneath.  My other heatmat doesn't work for some reason I couldn't tell you so needed to save space and planted the second round in peat pellets and placed in the same humidity dome.  

1st round planted includes:

Bahamian Goat - Jungle Rain
Bahamian Goat - My selected seeds from 2014
MoA Scotch Bonnet OG - Steve954
MoA Scotch Bonnet Gen. 2 - My selected seeds from 2013
Red "MoA" Scotch Bonnet - cmpman1974 via Denniz
Orange Thai - Buckeye Peppers

2nd round planted includes:

Red Trinidad Scotch Bonnet - My selected seeds from 2012
JA Habanero - Walkgood
Cabai Burung Ungu - MidwestChileHead
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI - PepperLover
Red Douglah - PepperLover
JA Hot Chocolate - OhioHeat
Chocolate Scorpion - My selected seeds 2013
Reaper - Arkennon 

I'll spare you guys posting pics of tiny seedlings for now.  I'll be going back and forth from TN to WI for work and hoping I'll be able to pull this off!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Wow you still have OG MOA seeds ?? I met someone from Canada showed me letter from the JMoA. So he was kind enough to send me some. Hope all is well

Yea I still had a couple tucked away.  That's awesome that they sent you some!  Did you get some started yet.  I'd love to see how they turn out.

Thanks Jamison, seeds arrived! :D
He even sent me some Moruga Caramel although i just asked Bahamian Goat and MoA!:D

ibfKVwimIDscG8.jpg

Plenty for this and next season! :D
Many thanks!

Nice and simple with the planting straight into the Ocean Forest. :P   Who needs a seed starter mix?  Mostly cheap peat and lime, anyway.  I was thinking of doing the same thing, but the dude at the canna/hydro shop spooked me, saying the Ocean Forest would be too hot for the tiny seedlings. 

Do you always start your seedlings this way?

Roguejim said:
Nice and simple with the planting straight into the Ocean Forest. :P   Who needs a seed starter mix?  Mostly cheap peat and lime, anyway.  I was thinking of doing the same thing, but the dude at the canna/hydro shop spooked me, saying the Ocean Forest would be too hot for the tiny seedlings. 

Do you always start your seedlings this way?
Last year was the only year i didnt start seedlings in OF only because I couldn't find any locally. But yes I usually always do. Besides that I don't have to feed them usually until summer because I pot them up a couple times before they are ready to go outside. There's lots of good stuff in that soil that keeps em happy for a while.

Time for a tiny update.  Plants are starting to move along,  some better than others.  It's an obvious difference between T5's and T8's.  I have em under the T8's  and they definitely seem to be growing slower than when I would use my T5's.  

Jamaican Hot Chocolate

Cabai Burung Ungu

Roots are lookin good as well. 

maximumcapsicum said:
Some t5s are on my wish list for sure. Soon. Roots are looking strong. Plants are looking solid as always.

Question is as always: will the dried goats weed make it till summer?!?!

Thanks Adam!

To answer your question I think,  Yes they will last for a long time dried, but the real question is,  will you make it that long without eating them?
If you need more just let me know.  I have a ton of naturally dried Goats Weed pods left still.

Back