• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Operation Pods" 2013 is a Mission Complete

Well THP, its that time of the year again. I've been anxiously awaiting to give life to these seeds that we all cherish so much. This year I'm gonna focus most of my grow towards Scotch Bonnets, with 14 different strains. Also have a few Supers and 7's with a few others as well. I still have 3 plants that have been overwintering and still doing good after another cutback and a bonide treatment for aphids. Heres the list :party:

Bonnets
MoA Scotch Bonnet
SB Orange
Jamaica SB
FDA Bonnet
Costa Rican Yellow
Trinidad SB Red
Squash Pepper
Jamaican SB Montego
Jamaican Red
SB Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bonnet Bell

The 7's

Bubblegum 7
7 Pod Orange
Romy's Yellow 7 (OP)
7 Pod Jonah
Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Primo (from Primo)
Cappy BrainStrain Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Other Supers

Bhut Brown
Bhut Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Impact F-1
Black Naga
TS Morouga (Bakers Peppers)
Douglah x Butch T
Romy's Douglah (OP)
Chocolate TS
Butch T Mississippi Strain (from Butch T)

Others

Fish Pepper
Caribbean Red
Red Trinidad Hab
Trinidad Perfume
Turks Cap
Pointsetta
Maui Purple
Black Pearl
Biker BIlly Jal
White Hab
Fatalii (GURU)
Hawaiin Sweet Hot
Ancient Pepper
Mini Sweet Bell
Goats Weed
Pepper Mania Myster seed.

Jalapeno, Scotch Bonnet, Butch T
20130102_214301.jpg

I soaked seeds on 12/31/12 and sewed into Burpee coconut fiber pellets on 1/1/13.
20121231_170723.jpg

20130102_214138.jpg

I had started one Fatalii plant earlier not sure what day, probably around 12/15/12.
20130102_214221.jpg

Thats it for now guys. Can't wait til an update!

Jamison!  Looks like the plants have survived the
move and are digging their new surroundings!

My you be blessed with a boatload of pods!

MGOLD86 said:
Damn bro, see what happens when you don't update in like a million years?!?  You got all those awesome shots to make us jealous!  The more I see those TS Chocolates, the more I am kicking myself for now sowing some.  I got some out of a monster pod last season and shoulda stuck a few seeds in the ground.  Oh well, gotta watch yours.  Looks like everything is moving in the right direction and you should be on one of those HGTV or DIY network shows, with all the renos you pulled!

I grew both the Maui and Goat's last year as well and I agree, the Maui Purple is a much heavier producer.  I wanna say they were about the same heat level, but there were just so many more pods on the Maui Purple.  I got tired of picking and just let them go, I'd go out and grab a few every once and a while, but that, the Red Chiero, Pimenta de Chiero, and a few others like it were just too much to keep up with.
  Thanks Matt! I really need to update more. Maybe today I will....... I know what you mean with the Maui Purples. There has to be a hundred ripe pods on that thing. Hard to keep up with. I'll have to send you some of them Chocolate Scorps this year. First time I grew them as well. I appreciate you stoppin in man, I really do!

JJJessee said:
Beautiful peppers -plants and pods!
Don't know how you manage across a handful of states, but keep up the good work!
 Jesse, its not easy my man. Been back and forth. I only have one plant down south in TN, a MoA bonnet. Steve954 decided thats the most isolated MoA in the country, lol. Gonna have to move here quick and don't think I'll be able to take my babies with unfortunately. A couple are gonna sneak in there somehow, without the wifey knowing!

Devv said:
All I could think of looking at this update was the Trace Adkins song.

You sir have got your game on!
Thanks buddy! Heres one for yall!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IheODRwalEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hathron said:
Looking good! glad to see a update from you. Hope all is going well with the move and all
Thanks man! Its been few and far between updates. I appreciate the kind words man. Moving across the country is harder than I thought it would be! Stressed to the max man. Can't wait to relax for once in my life! Hope everything going good up there for ya! WI weather is so hard to grow chiles in ain't it?

WalkGood said:
Jamison you caught me speechless mon, you’re doing an awesome job and have loads of pods to soon come. Wonderful updates and pictures, I’m surprised how great everything looks with you being so busy with all dat life’s been throwing at you. Keep up dat great grow and have great weekend brethren!
Ramon, my man! The weather here has been unbearably hot. 95 to 100 with 100% humidity. Flowers just drop all day long. THey are growing really tall tho because of that. But the weather looks good for the week highs in the upper 70's and and high 50's at night. But I live directly next to Lake Michigan so we kinda have a weird micro climate. You never know what the weather is gonna be up here. Might as well just flip a coin and decide to be honest. Thanks for stoppin man, I hope your not too busy for the rest of the summer like you said in your glog buddy!

Peptacular said:
Wow huge update! Great pics, everything looks killer, container and in-ground. My potted plants aren't looking so hot. Goats weed and Maui purple in particular looking awesome. Rock on!
 Thanks man! Hows things in your world?

PaulG said:
Jamison!  Looks like the plants have survived the
move and are digging their new surroundings!

My you be blessed with a boatload of pods!
PaulyG! Yea I haven't moved the plants to TN, and not sure how many are gonna make it down there. Moving trucks and trailers and all that stuff isn't cheap I'm finding out, so space is at a premium while driving down there! We'll see what happens tho man! Hope everything is good on the West Coast my man!

I agree with Greg … and say this last pic is awesome brethren. So I was driving around earlier today and Da Joker tune from Steve Miller came on the radio which for some unknown reason reminded me of one of your late night updates ;)

Cause' I'm a Pepper Picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a Pepper lover
And I'm a sinner
playin' my music in the sun ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a mid-night toker
I get my Pepper lovin' on the run
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

You're the cutest MoA that I ever did see
I really love your Pods
Want to shake your tree
Lovey dovey, lovey dovey, lovey dovey all the time
Ooh wee baby, I sure show you a good Pod ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

That's awesome Jamie-son! Lovely bunch of coconuts.....coconuts from HELL! Glad you and the fam (plants included in fam generalization..lol) made the move safe and sound buddy. Chu chu chuggin' along...

So i know those plants in the ground aren't coming down south, but do we need to set up a fund to get the potted plants down to TN? Croud source a uhaul truck? or a trailer?
I will sell pods to finance the bringing of the plants if that's what i gotta do!
& They will get an extended season once here!

PIC 1 said:
Your plants never missed a stride......even though you moved half way around the world..... :liar
Yea, I've been back and forth. Just like this weekend I have to drive down there Saturday, and then take a train back to Chicago or Racine, leaving on that same Saturday. Lots of time in my truck lately, like I don't get enough of that at work eh. Honestly the inground plants could look a little better. I haven't watered or gave them them any nutes all year. Ma Nature been taking care of them for me. Thanks for stopping by Greg!

WalkGood said:
I agree with Greg … and say this last pic is awesome brethren. So I was driving around earlier today and Da Joker tune from Steve Miller came on the radio which for some unknown reason reminded me of one of your late night updates ;)

Cause' I'm a Pepper Picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a Pepper lover
And I'm a sinner
playin' my music in the sun ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a mid-night toker
I get my Pepper lovin' on the run
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

You're the cutest MoA that I ever did see
I really love your Pods
Want to shake your tree
Lovey dovey, lovey dovey, lovey dovey all the time
Ooh wee baby, I sure show you a good Pod ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Ramon I'm seriously laughing so hard right now I woke the wife up. You crack me up brotha! You always have such nice things to say mon! I appreciate it all brotha!

3/5King said:
That's awesome Jamie-son! Lovely bunch of coconuts.....coconuts from HELL! Glad you and the fam (plants included in fam generalization..lol) made the move safe and sound buddy. Chu chu chuggin' along...

What up King!? Thanks man, almost moved in. Going to rent a Budget truck Thursday and get it all down there at once. I'm sick of moving to TN with my truck and a little 5x8 trailer. Bring on the big boy!

GA Growhead said:
So i know those plants in the ground aren't coming down south, but do we need to set up a fund to get the potted plants down to TN? Croud source a uhaul truck? or a trailer?
I will sell pods to finance the bringing of the plants if that's what i gotta do!
& They will get an extended season once here!
Jason, that brought a tear to my eye buddy! I've been sitting outside looking at all the container plants, worrying about never being able to see their full potential. I'm gonna try to get a couple at least down there man! OW Butch T from last year, and whatever else I can fit! I know the wife ain't gonna be too happy! THey get over it tho!

WalkGood said:
Brethren I'm glad you got a chuckle ... you should have seen me when I was driving, lol, almost wrecked ...
That would have been horrible! Glad you didn't!

romy6 said:
Nice to see you are still growing while traveling. i have no idea how you do it. Pants look super nice. Maybe I should stop babying mine so much and they will look like yours. Be safe on your travels.
Whatever Jamie! Your plants are massive and put out tons and tons of pods bud! You know what your doing! We'll def be safe man, only the speed limit, lol!

Couple a pics for tonight.

This Bonda is getting freakishly huge by the day. You can almost sit there and watch it grow. Its a lot wider than it is tall.

OW'd Butch T. Its doing some serious growing too. Theres a tiny pod in the middle of the plant.

Fatalii

The first MoA pod on my plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maui Purple

Butch T MS Strain

And about 6 different Chinense still in #1 pots. Might bring theses guys down south.

Maybe some more tomorrow guys!

Hey guys, another overdue update for everyone thats interested. Lets start with....

Bonda Ma Jaques

Hawaiian Sweet Hot

OG Primos

Butch T MS Strain, gnarly stingers on these bad boys!

MoA Scotch Bonnets

7 Pot Rennie

Need a bump please!?

Thanks Matt!!

Doughlah OP seeds from Jamies plant.

Douglah X Butch T, forget what generation I think F4, kinda Brainstrainy, Moruga looking.

7 Pot Orange

Turk's Cap

Carolina Reapers, 3 different phenos on ONE branch, lmfao!

Red Trinidad Scotch Bonnets, love these things, def one of my fav's.

Guru's Fatalii from his mother.

Bump?????

Back