• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

Lmao my kid won't touch my plants!  Hey buddy i took that pecan smoke garlic powder and made some polenta with it and some gruyere cheese.

1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken stock or water.
salt 
white pepper
black pepper
teaspoon of pecan smoked garlic powder from heaven
1/2 cup gruyere cheese, you can use parm if u want too

bring your liquid up to a boil and add your corn meal, turn the heat down to low and sir frequently.  You might have to add a little more water to it as it cooks down.  Let if cook till its creamy and smooth tasting in texture, then add your spices and stir in the cheese.  That shit is so baller tasting.  thanks again for the powders, i going to have to return the favor.

Updates have been few and far between to say the least.  Funny how life takes a hold of you and throws you a billion things to do at once.  But I have some pics taken this morning for everyone.  Flowers have been dropping like crazy the past couple weeks but now it seems as if they are holding steady!  So that's good news for sure.  Can't wait to get some ripe peppers this year!

Bahamian Goat is getting bushy and growing steadily.  Even has a few pods that just started!

Goat's Weed are towering over every other pepper plant in the garden.

Giant Jalapeno

White Devil's Tongue from one of Ga Growhead's pods he sent me last year.  Thanks Jay!

A baby Yaki Blue pod.

Orange Thai.  This plant has doubled in size in the past week.  I was amazed when I looked at it this morning loaded down with pods!

Lady Bugs are all over the place too,  that is def reassuring!

Gonna need a bump please!

Thanks Scott!

Pink Tigers that are looking more like PDN's unfortunately. 2 Different phenos,  one with green foliage and white flowers and the other pheno is purple foliage with a slight hint of purple on the backside of the flowers.  Purple foliage plants yet to produce a pod.

All 4 Pink Tigers,  they are probably pushing 2.5" right now.  Gonna be really tall plants.

White Bhut

Random pics.  Can't remember what they all are.

May I have another bump please!?

One of the pepper rows.

7Pot Rennie

MoA Scotch Bonnet 2nd Generation.

Nons....

Casper Pumpkins.  Suppose to be pure white pumpkins.  For the kids.

Purple Calabash tomatoes.

Forget what these tomatoes are??

Herbs.  Basil, Thyme, Oregano,  and some bolting Cilantro.

That's it for today.  Thanks for the bumps.  Gonna do some weeding in the garden on Wednesday and will update again on Sunday.  Thanks for checking in everyone!
Runescape said:
Bump... nice lookin plants... pink tigers sound awesome...
Thanks!!  Yea I'm hoping they will be true!

jedisushi06 said:
dang your plants are light years ahead of mine......
I also haven't been snowed in since last year like you CO boys!  Nice weather makes all the difference man.  Down here in the south it was warm enough to put plants out in early April if they were in pots and you could move them inside if need be.  

Jamison said:
Thanks Scott!

Pink Tigers that are looking more like PDN's unfortunately. 2 Different phenos,  one with green foliage and white flowers and the other pheno is purple foliage with a slight hint of purple on the backside of the flowers.  Purple foliage plants yet to produce a pod.

Not that unfortunate... they look great to me!

Back