• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

romy6 said:
 Looking like a perfect red dirt grow brother . I need me some clay to replace my sandy ass  soil  :dance:
If you do it you will really like it! I put 3"s of heavy topsoil and the watering went from every day to every 4 or 5 days. Be aware it will probably have little nutes, but that can be remedied easily ;) 

Don't be bummed. I think the pink tigers start off purple/black and become striped as they ripen and the purple fade.
I think they look great.
I accidentally topped one of mine. Actually... I busted my ass, slipping in mud when planting mine and chopped it half Just below the lower most leaves. Stuck the top, after removing some foliage, in the same pouch with the stick w/roots. I did see some new growth on the bare stick starting, and the top is still alive. I did get two in the ground before the beheading. The lone stick will be bushy soon! Glad it is putting out growth.
And 2.5' (feet), not 2.5" (inches). ;)

Jamison you're killing it here.........beautiful greenery !

Wow, 2.5' Tigers. The plants are starting to crown and reach for light.  They'll probably easily reach 5 ft.

Whatcha got mixed into the red clay....chesse curds.. :lol:
Kenosha getting 3" of rain tomorrow...........we can't even get a drop. Tap water just doesn't do the trick.

Pretty cool seeing tomatoes already.........I hope to see some Jamaican Bonnets soon....from your plants.

maximumcapsicum said:
Plants are looking strong Jamison. I am stunned by the size of your maters. Mine have been in the ground a month longer and they only just now have fruits that size.. did they set indoors?
Thanks Adam!  Those tomato plants are growing like weeds.  Actually they were only under lights in the house for maybe 3 weeks with no flowers in sight.  As soon as they got hardened off and into the ground they went crazy.  All those seeds came from Stefan.  Quality seed for sure.  I planted 30 seeds and 29 sprouted!  He is now my go to for tomatoes!

GA Growhead said:
Don't be bummed. I think the pink tigers start off purple/black and become striped as they ripen and the purple fade.
I think they look great.
I accidentally topped one of mine. Actually... I busted my ass, slipping in mud when planting mine and chopped it half Just below the lower most leaves. Stuck the top, after removing some foliage, in the same pouch with the stick w/roots. I did see some new growth on the bare stick starting, and the top is still alive. I did get two in the ground before the beheading. The lone stick will be bushy soon! Glad it is putting out growth.
And 2.5' (feet), not 2.5" (inches). ;)
Thanks for the info Jay!  I've been wondering about that but couldn't really find any pics of immature PT pods.  Sucks you slipped!  I know that clay is as slick as ice when it's wet.

PIC 1 said:
Jamison you're killing it here.........beautiful greenery !

Wow, 2.5' Tigers. The plants are starting to crown and reach for light.  They'll probably easily reach 5 ft.

Whatcha got mixed into the red clay....chesse curds.. :lol:
Kenosha getting 3" of rain tomorrow...........we can't even get a drop. Tap water just doesn't do the trick.

Pretty cool seeing tomatoes already.........I hope to see some Jamaican Bonnets soon....from your plants.
Greg!!!  How'd you know I tilled in some cheese curds?  Now everyone knows my secret :rofl:   I was talking to my Dad up there and said they were gettin hammered with storms.  Tree branches down everywhere.  I hope some rain makes it south of the border for you!

Some up and coming pod shots for this morning!

Purple foliage Pink Tiger had a couple of pods hiding from me the other day.  Looking awfully Bhutish.

Chocolate Moruga

7Pot Original from PepperLover.

BB7 calyx is looking very promising!

White Devil's Tongue.  This plant is probably not even a 1' tall.  Just loaded down with pods.

Yaki Blue

Damn that WHite Devil's tongue is loaded!  Iv'e never seen the white before, but i'm growing the red and yellow.  I heard there's a carmel version floating around..............

Wow, look at those pods already. Awesome buddy! That Pink Tiger does look like the real deal and those Devils Tongue White are amazing, mine doesn't look that good but it produces an huge amount of flowers.

jedisushi06 said:
Damn that WHite Devil's tongue is loaded!  Iv'e never seen the white before, but i'm growing the red and yellow.  I heard there's a carmel version floating around..............

I heard the same.

maximumcapsicum said:
My white hab from pepperjoe is growing like that devils tongue. Would be surprised if there were some shared genes there... It also has those narrow leaves.
Lookin good bud.

Could be Adam? I kinda doubt it though. Wouldnt be surprised if you got a X from PepperJoe.

meatfreak said:
Wow, look at those pods already. Awesome buddy! That Pink Tiger does look like the real deal and those Devils Tongue White are amazing, mine doesn't look that good but it produces an huge amount of flowers.
Im hoping that the Pink Tigers are legit. That would make my whole year. WDT is crazy. I topped that thing and stripped it bare like 5 times because I couldn't get healthy foliage on it. I imagine thats why it's so short.

Back