• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's 2010 grow log

How is everyone today? A few of my seed have sprouted for my 2010 season so I thought i'd post a couple of pics. Nothing too flash at this stage but will be sure to keep updating as they progress. Hopefully I will end up with around 50 or so plants (including ones in the groung already and a few Bird's eyes and Orange Habs), however I was going through Timmies thread the other day and I may just regret that many plants.
So here is the list ATM
Seeds in: 4 x Trini Scorp, 4 x 7 Pot, 4 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 4 x Yellow 7 Pot, 4 x Naga Morich, 4 x Dorset Naga, 4 x Bih Jolokia, 4 x Bhut Jolokia and 4 x Choc Bhut. I'm trialling the aspirin mix on one tray while the other will be getting "normal" nutes.
This is Tray #1 (no aspirin) planted 29 Apr 2010
2010growlog012.jpg

This is tray #2 (aspirin) planted 02 May 2010
2010growlog001.jpg

The seedlings from Tray #1
2010growlog011.jpg

The seedling from tray #2
2010growlog010.jpg

So I'm not expecting much from the aspirin at this stage. I soaked those seeds in an aspirin solution for 8 hours prior to sowing them. and give them a dose every week but other than that they all just get plain old tap water. but again once a fortnight they get a dose of weak nutes.

Tray one has the following shoots; 2 x Trinin Scorp, 2 x Bih Jolokia, 2 x 7 Pot, 1 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 1 x Yellow 7, 1 x Bhut and 1 x Dorset Naga.

Trat #2 has only got 1 x 7 Pot, But just discovered this morning that it has hooks coming up from Trini Scorp and Dorset Naga.

Just a quick update, to show a couple of Scorps ripening up for my pleasure/pain.
They aren't bumpy at all but I think thats because of how much rain we get this time of year so they don't get a chance to get too much drying out time, and not getting stressed at all by the climate. I'm moving these from pots into the ground in the next day or so where they will get a LOT more sun and unfortunately more rain too.

This one is slightly bigger than the first and has a stinger of sorts.

:dance: :onfire: :dance: :onfire: :dance: :onfire: :dance: :onfire:
Congratulations. All the pods look extremely healthy.

Well it's been a LONG time since my last update (ended up buying a new laptop), my plants have suffered quite a lot since then too but now things are looking more positive. I have around 25 plants left from the 100 odd I began with, but hey thems the brakes huh. First off I'll show a few pics of my first REASONABLE harvest. I ate a couple before the pics were taken too :oops: . But you'll get the idea anyways.

Some of these were picked a tad early but it'll give the powder some colour, so I'm not too concerned

1stsemidecenthaul.jpg

TriniScorppods.jpg

7Potpods.jpg

7PotBurgundyPods.jpg

BhutJolokiapods.jpg

BihJolokiapod.jpg

readytobedried.jpg

And now for the plants most are 900mm tall, and have FINALLY been potted into their final homes which are 450mm pots. I don't knw what that is in volume nor could I be bothered doing the maths to find out, lets just say they are plenty big enough. Any hoo, here are a few pics of the family.

First here are my 7Pots, they look a bit scruffy but thats due to the hard time they have had over the last few months.
7Pot.jpg

7Pot1.jpg

7Pot2.jpg

7Pot3.jpg

And here is my baby 7Pot "SR"

7PotSR.jpg

And my 7Pot Burgundy, the pods are small but there are more than enough on there. There is a nice cluster of 6 pods too I'll get a pic of that later. forgot to do it this time around.

EDIT: The cluster is just off to left of this shot. :oops:
7PotBurgundy.jpg

And my rather scruffy Brain Strain (sorry Cappy). I'm going to plant another 2-3 of these and hopefully none of these ones fall over while I'm away ending up looking like this one. It only looks reasonable in the pic because I rearranged a few branches to make it look a little more photogenic. I'm having MORE than enough trouble getting this bad girl to set fruit so I added a pic of the VERY few flowers on it too.

BrainStrain.jpg

BrainStrainFlower.jpg

OH I almost forgot!! Here is my yellow 7Pot. It's a lonely pod and fairly small, but the plant is doing OK, I just wish it would even LOOK like flowering again! Ever since it set this one fruit, it dropped all it's flowers and hasn't put one out since!!

Yellow7Pot.jpg

Yellow7Potpod.jpg

And now for the Scorps.

TriniScorp.jpg

TriniScorp1.jpg

TriniScorp2.jpg

A couple a young Scorp x Giant White Habs
Grant, I still have the seeds you asked for too mate, so PM you're addy again and I'll get them out to you.

ScorpxGWH.jpg

ScorpxGWH1.jpg

Orange Scorps, one small, and one short and bushy, putting out flowers like crazy and setting a few fruit too.
EDIT: I still haven't sorted out the off colour to scorps either, they have always been a little lighter/yellower than every other plant but doesn't seem to be bothering them so I'm not too concerned.
OrangeScorp1.jpg

OrangeScorps.jpg

Choc Scorps, the big one is putting out some MAD fruit!! ALL the fruit is wrinkly and pimply!!

ChocScorppod.jpg

ChocScorp2.jpg

ChosScorp1.jpg

Plenty more to come but I've got to go for now.

Thanks SDP.
Now to finish off the updates. I guess I'll move onto the Bhuts now.
BhutJolokia.jpg

And here is the Choc Bhut, since thes pics were taken I have picked a couple of ripe pods.
ChocBhut.jpg

ChocBhutpod.jpg

ChocBhutpodLARGE.jpg

Yellow Bhut, Hope fully this grows true for me.
YellowBhut1.jpg

YellowBhut.jpg

And here are my Bhut x Giant White Habs
BhutxGWH.jpg

BabyBhutxGWH.jpg

Here are my Dorset and Naga Morich , I haven't had one of either of these yet so I'm kinda looking forward to them.

Dorset
DorsetNaga.jpg

Naga Morich
NagaMorich.jpg

And finally here are my Bih Jolokias, I LOVE the taste of these!! Absolutely no Hab flavour which is awesome!! And they pump out the fruit too!!
BihJolokia.jpg

BihJolokia1.jpg

Well thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Good work on the chillis Jas, looks like your off to a good start to this season,
down south its been pretty miserable (for me at least)
looks like your choc scorps are doing well', last season mine put out quite alot with tails,
but this next generation so far has no tails, perhaps this could do with the weather????
last year we were in a drought, this year...floods
what colour are your 7 pot/pod burgundy's...they should be a deep red/brown???
PM on the way
GOOD LUCK MATE

Looks like the bhut x GWH are coming along well... they are a different shape this season???

They look to be slightly different. A little more Bhut shaped. And a lot more distorted if that makes any sense. I'll try to get a couple of pics on here for you. The Scorp crosses are getting there too. Hopefully I have a better year all round. As for the 7Pot Burgundy, thy are a VERY deep red but the pods start off VERY light green and all my pods are quite small too. So I'm gonna have to ramp up the Dynamic lifter and worm juice to put a bit of size onto them.

Well I tasted a couple of Choc Buuts the other day 1/4 of one and a full one on a sammich. Cn't say i liked the flavour at all (no fruity taste like some reviews said) but BY CHRIST were they hot!! The hottest thing I've EVER had thats for DAMN sure!! I nearly vomitted after the sammich and it made me feel like I had a bad case of tonsilitis for about 15mins too!! But IMO the flavour ruined the sanga.. Oh well at least I'll have quite a few pods coming through for a KILLER powder soon! Oh yeah and the powder I made from my last little havest is AWESOME!! hot and tastey too!! added absolutely nothing to it but it is nice and sweet tasting. And it goes well on EVERY type of meat that I've had it with and I've had it on steak, pork (roast and steaks), chicken, lamb (roast and chops), roast beef but am yet to try it on fish though, but I can't foresee any taste troubles there either ;)

Any updates? I got the impression from the pictures, (nice by the way) that your plants were about to get big!

How's the weather up there, are you in the tropical grow all year climate? It's getting cold down here.

Hey Mega, I've been REAL slack with the photos this last few months, but I do have pics of my seasons haul!! I'll post them if I can work out how to do it from my iPhone. Unfortunately this winter is a little colder than usual and all my plants have shut down (well for the most part) and gone to sleep. I still do have some fruit coming through but they are taking a LONG time to ripen!! If they do at all. I think I'm going to get rid of a few plants soon and replace them with some different varieties.

Also to my suprise, I MAY have a Yellow Bhut growing..... Thought they had all died but I must have mixed them up... I thought it was a Bhut x Giant White Hab?!?! The pods are around 3 Inches long unlike the Bhut x GWH, which are all really small in size and totally different shape.

Well if I can get these pics uploaded they'll be up tomorrow.

:cheers:

Jas

Back