• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's (Plantguy76) 2015 Adventure

So this is my first glog other then the one I am doing at home.
Here's my grow list
Grow List
Capsicum Chinense varieties
Bahamian Goat(Buckeye pepper company)
Moa Scotch Bonnet(pepperlover)
Datil(pepperlover)
White Fatalii(pepperlover)
My first super hot form seed Peach Bhut Jolokia S S (pepperlover)
Red Mushroom form lake valley seed via local store(I think there seeds are crossed with habanero)
Red Habanero burpee via menards
Tobago
Cheiro Roxa (pepperlover)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (pepperlover)
Capsicum Baccatums
Aji Brazilian Starfish(pepperlover)
Aji Melocoton(pepperlover)
Aji Amarilo (pepperlover)
Aji Cito(pepperlover)
Dulce Sol(pepperlover)
Capsicum Pubescens
Pineapple Rocoto(pepperlover)
March
Farmers Market aka Potato Skin Jalapeno
Fresno Chili
Santa Fe Grande
Cayenne long Slim lake valley via local store.
Cumra Cherry(pepperlover)
Tomatoes
Gold Medal
Kellogg
Japanese Black Trifle
Green Zebra
Golden San Marzano Hybrid Tomato
Chocolate cherry
Purple pear
Black Sea Man Tomato
Flower Swimming Pool raised beds for pollination & beneficial insects
Mixed bed varieties
Queen mixed colors cleome
Crego aster
Calendula pacific beauty
Gaillardia
African daisy
Swimming pool bed Dwarf shasta daisy
Swimming pool bed Zinnia semi dwarf pumila mixed colors & Scarlet flame zinnia
Swimming pool bed unknown Cosmos(gets huge blooms like crazy a bird gift)
Swimming pool bed Marigold Dwarf French double and crackerjack mixed colors last year self sown seed
Cosmos dazzler in pots
Tall green leaf castor bean container
Scarlett runner bean by deck
Also plan on ordering form baker creek tamarillo or tree tomato seeds
I planted on February 4 and 5 my capsicum chinense's & baccatum's varieties
Still waiting on some and some have not germinate well the baccatum's did well.
Also my Bahamian Goats but waiting on the Bhut Jolokia Peach S S ,Tobago Seasoning and Pineapple Rocoto
The datil only two all and all can't complain .
I have limited space so maybe those that did not germinate is a blessing in disguise.
In any case will sow seed again Monday if the ghost is not up form the grave so to speak lol
Going to soak them next time

Well I had a doh moment I accidentally offed one of my Brazilian Starfish seedlings when taking my pineapple roctos out luckily my other too that was bushed by the tray made it
Next year more than likely I will have crosses like one probably will be a aji melocotn x Brazilian Starfish as they will be growing right next to each other

Pulpiteer said:
I've had good luck with Totally Tomatoes. They have a pretty cool selection, and the "moonglow" tomatoes are my favorite.Glad to see your seeds popping - good luck this year!
Thanks Andy I will need it I hope these peach bhut s s germ this time around just one would make me happy.
I want to see some gnarly pods like in pepperlovers picture.
If not I will calk it up to experience.
I seem to have some stragglers moa bonnets coming up!.
I will have to check out the moonglow tomato out.
Hope all is going well with your grow as well and you have loads of pods this year

Good luck on the grow and hope you get your crosses!  Like your use of the marigolds and attracting beneficial insects. My garden was full of aphids, hormwoms and other pests when I was growing in the tropics and, almost overnight, lots of lacewings, aphid wasps and other helpers just showed up and things quicly got better.

- Tick

Tick said:
Good luck on the grow and hope you get your crosses!  Like your use of the marigolds and attracting beneficial insects. My garden was full of aphids, hormwoms and other pests when I was growing in the tropics and, almost overnight, lots of lacewings, aphid wasps and other helpers just showed up and things quicly got better.

- Tick
Thanks tick hope all goes as plan got stinking Japanese beetles last year hope something gets them .
I was vigilant getting them off and the neighbors roses helped

Well a little update
I was talking to nigel a few days ago & decided to let Judy know what's going on with my Peach Bhut Jolokia Selected Strain & my Tobago Seasoning .
I let her know wicked mike was helping me out etc
She wrote back and told me she compensate me in anyway I like.
So I picked Peach Congo PL & Albanian Red Hot & sent the reply back.
So the next day I got two peach bhut ss that came up and two more today.
So at lest some of that seed was viable.
I tried to let Judy know but I am not sure it got sent form this phone form yahoo mail .
I plan on give one to a pastor who is coming up in may for my school reunion form alabama

Well when I picked up those solo cups I also got 3 more seed packs of flowers
Purple Coneflower to attract Fritillary Butterflies I remembered they like them.
Carnation Chabaud Giant ,Mixed colors ( It is supposed to have a spicy clove like fragrance bees should love them)
I also got an herb that I tried and failed with plants so trying seed Cilantro/Coriander that along with the spicy hot oregano (hope it made it) @ & the borage should be some good salsa this fall

Well this is a version phone guess something different do not know what but even wicked mike pic is in link form guessing it can still be seen on laptop

Sounds like things are rolling along.

Plantguy76 said:
Thanks tick hope all goes as plan got stinking Japanese beetles last year hope something gets them .
I was vigilant getting them off and the neighbors roses helped

It takes awhile, but if you inoculate your soil with milky spore, it will reduce your Japanese beetle problem.

Awright, good to see seedlings up in your germinators.

Cool shot of the parasitic wasp infected aphid.  I didn't
know the wasps attacked hornworms, too.

The ants do take very good care of their aphid 'livestock'!

I did a little transplanting today
Bahamian Goats & White Fatalii I have six of each after culling .

The first ones are Bahamian Goat the second is White Fatalli and the thrid is my Bhut Joloika peach S S
They are in my over winter plant room now put an oil heater in there hope the aphids don't appear as in years past.
I still have the moa's ,datils and my BJ Peach S S in tray one but tray two & tray 3 all will need to be transplanted or culled.
The moa & Datil are taking there sweet time on growing but are nice and green ;) 
I have 16 seeds of the Peach Congo (PL) planted & in the four tier greenhouse
:fireball:  :dance:

PaulG said:
Transplants look great!  Is that coco coir in the seed trays?

PaulG said:
Transplants look great!  Is that coco coir in the seed trays?
Yes I believe it is I remember they were made form coconut fiber .
I have 3 white fatalii's  that I don't think are going to survive transplant :neutral:  oh well 3 will be plenty ;) 
My Bahamian Goats are doing fine like the champs they are :!: 

Back