• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's (Plantguy76) 2015 Adventure

So this is my first glog other then the one I am doing at home.
Here's my grow list
Grow List
Capsicum Chinense varieties
Bahamian Goat(Buckeye pepper company)
Moa Scotch Bonnet(pepperlover)
Datil(pepperlover)
White Fatalii(pepperlover)
My first super hot form seed Peach Bhut Jolokia S S (pepperlover)
Red Mushroom form lake valley seed via local store(I think there seeds are crossed with habanero)
Red Habanero burpee via menards
Tobago
Cheiro Roxa (pepperlover)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (pepperlover)
Capsicum Baccatums
Aji Brazilian Starfish(pepperlover)
Aji Melocoton(pepperlover)
Aji Amarilo (pepperlover)
Aji Cito(pepperlover)
Dulce Sol(pepperlover)
Capsicum Pubescens
Pineapple Rocoto(pepperlover)
March
Farmers Market aka Potato Skin Jalapeno
Fresno Chili
Santa Fe Grande
Cayenne long Slim lake valley via local store.
Cumra Cherry(pepperlover)
Tomatoes
Gold Medal
Kellogg
Japanese Black Trifle
Green Zebra
Golden San Marzano Hybrid Tomato
Chocolate cherry
Purple pear
Black Sea Man Tomato
Flower Swimming Pool raised beds for pollination & beneficial insects
Mixed bed varieties
Queen mixed colors cleome
Crego aster
Calendula pacific beauty
Gaillardia
African daisy
Swimming pool bed Dwarf shasta daisy
Swimming pool bed Zinnia semi dwarf pumila mixed colors & Scarlet flame zinnia
Swimming pool bed unknown Cosmos(gets huge blooms like crazy a bird gift)
Swimming pool bed Marigold Dwarf French double and crackerjack mixed colors last year self sown seed
Cosmos dazzler in pots
Tall green leaf castor bean container
Scarlett runner bean by deck
Also plan on ordering form baker creek tamarillo or tree tomato seeds
I planted on February 4 and 5 my capsicum chinense's & baccatum's varieties
Still waiting on some and some have not germinate well the baccatum's did well.
Also my Bahamian Goats but waiting on the Bhut Jolokia Peach S S ,Tobago Seasoning and Pineapple Rocoto
The datil only two all and all can't complain .
I have limited space so maybe those that did not germinate is a blessing in disguise.
In any case will sow seed again Monday if the ghost is not up form the grave so to speak lol
Going to soak them next time

I did transplanting all day long it was in the 70s but had a wind blowing with occasionally some gust
So the seedlings got some stress but I I figure it will just make them stronger

21 Stuffing Scotch Bonnets wow! The most I have of any variety

Cherio Roxa ,Aji Cito & there is a few Dulce Sol in the back.

Brazilian Starfish,Aji Melocoton & Dulce Sol the one before Brazilian Starfish

(Red Mushroom &Red Habanero are going to a friend) There are a few Aji Amarillos in here as well 3 White Fatalii six Bahamian Goats and the tray has the other baccatums.
Just in time cause I got my package form wicked mike and mom is bring it tomorrow.
The rest I put back in the 4 tier greenhouse

Well awhile back I picked up some herbs and more flowers will have to decide what all to plant basically making my own mixes up
I got Thai Siam Queen Basil & have seed left over form last year of anise
Also got a cool mustard Mostaza Red Giant(says to sow in early spring & mid summer for fall crop I plan to do both)
Flowers Apricot HollyHock ,Passion Flower
Hellichrysum, Parkers Gold yarrow,Alyssum Rossie O Day, Nasturtium Dwarf Jewel Mix, Balsam Camellia Mixed colors also have mammoth dill
Ps some of these I may have mentioned before if so I am sorry.
I also have these bush beans Royal Burgundy need to figure out how to fit them in might not have room.
I am going to plant sweet dumpling & sweet potato squash at moms and would plant the beans but the deer are bad need to figure out something to repel them.
Last year they had these herb plants at menards that keep them away but by the time we decided to get them they was sold out and never got any more of them.

Pepper's I am adding
Capsicum Chinense
Galapagos Red Habanero PI 585278 (Wicked Mike)
Giant White Habanero (Wicked Mike)
Black Habandro(Wicked Mike)
Moa red scotch bonnet ( Wicked Mike)
Venezuelan Tiger(Wicked Mike)
CGN 21500(Wicked Mike)
Cream Fatalii ( Cone9 ) waiting on seeds
Peach Congo ( PL) Pepperlover seed are in dirt
Hawaii Beach ( junglerain) waiting on seeds
Scarlet Lantern ( junglerain) waiting on seeds
Capsicum frutescens
Angkor Sunrise( junglerain ) waiting on seeds
Capsicum Baccatum
Aji Pineapple( Wicked Mike)
White Fantasy( Wicked Mike)
After watching a review of Nigel's I will be adding Sbj7 seed by Wicked Mike not sure what generation the seeds are.
Nigel says the Jonah is his favorite super have seed of that form Wicked Mike also Yellow primo
Tomatoes I am adding
absinthe( Wicked Mike)
Stupice ( Wicked Mike)
Paul Robeson (Wicked Mike)
Amish Gold Slicer

Well I have had some setbacks lost most of the red mushrooms & habaneros I was going to give a friend.
I also lost most of my dulce sols and one aji Amarillo ,one aji melocoton .
This has been a learning lesson don't transplant your seedlings into bigger pots outside when it is in the seventys with a breeze.
You will just get badly sun burned and lose seedlings
The strong will survive but it best to do it inside.
My Bahaimain goats continue to impress me they are growing into strong stocky plants.
I have 16 peach Congo's form pepper lover and now red,yellow form wicked mike & chocolate form Nigel
So I am thinking about growing all the Congo's peppers

Hardening off the plants can be a tricky process. I always want to go too fast, but it's best to do it gradual over a long period, which is tough if you're away from them for any amount of time. I'm always so excited to get them into the ground, that I have to keep myself from going too quick.

I hardened mine for a month last year.  Taking them outside gradually and eventually up to most of the day from mid april to mid may.  Still after planting out had some severe sunburn.  Didn't loose any completely but on some lost the entire half of the plant getting the bulk of the suns rays.   I though in your picture they looked pretty bad.  Good luck with you new seeds, should still have plenty of time.   I had some plants last year that were only 3 - 4" at planting that ended up being some of my biggest and best producers by year end.

I diffently been learning experience for me.
Now I am back & forth on what seeds to plant etc
I keep changing my mind I need to watch myself and not over do it by planting too many varieties (mom thanks I all ready have lol)
I guess I will make my mind up eventually lol
jcw10tc said:
I hardened mine for a month last year.  Taking them outside gradually and eventually up to most of the day from mid april to mid may.  Still after planting out had some severe sunburn.  Didn't loose any completely but on some lost the entire half of the plant getting the bulk of the suns rays.   I though in your picture they looked pretty bad.  Good luck with you new seeds, should still have plenty of time.   I had some plants last year that were only 3 - 4" at planting that ended up being some of my biggest and best producers by year end.
Thanks I need all the good vibes I can get been back and forth on what to plant next maybe some rest will help

Yeah, transplanting, especially, is stressful to the plants and should be undertaken in shady conditions.  Some people even keep them out of direct light (sun or lamps) afterward for a day or so to let them adjust.  Once they've adjusted to their new shoes, hardening off to the sun is also tricky, as Andy and Justin have already said.  I have large silver maples in my yard that provide just the right amount of light filtering for the plants.  I put them under the trees, then move them out into direct sun over a period of a several days.

I even had trouble one year just removing the humidity domes from flats after the seeds germinated.  Taking them from 100% relative humidity to the 20%-30% RH of the dry air in my house was too much for them.  All the leaves, cotys and trues, shriveled up.  I saw what was happening and put the domes back on and managed to salvage most of them, but it set them back a bit.  Now I'll prop up one end of the dome for few days before removing it. 

Well I have peach Congo's popping & I got my package form junglerain picking it up tomorrow
I should get Cone9 package sometime this coming week.
I plan on doing some sowing this coming week & once I am done this week everything should be down for the year but for the flowers but that will be after danger of frost.

Good luck with Jungle Rain's seeds    :party:
He has awesome stuff, awright!

Well did some transplanting & culling no more aji Amarillo ;aji cito or dulce Sol have one good cherio roxa left and two pineapple rocotos I think.
I think two aji melocoton and the aji Brazilian Starfish are coming back fine all and all could of been a worse blunder.
As it is I am sowing more seed tomorrow so need the room anyway lol
Oh sowed the 3 red moa seeds form wicked mike and lost one peach Congo to helmet head
I think I am going to sow more starfish cause I have a feeling that I really going to like them

Those varieties from Grant are wicked.  Way to go!

Sorry you lost your Aji Amarillos; they are just the
most awesome plants, in appearance as well as
wonderful, flavorful pods.

Would you like some more seeds for those?  Our
peruvian friend just brought back some seeds
from Peru.

PaulG said:
Those varieties from Grant are wicked.  Way to go!

Sorry you lost your Aji Amarillos; they are just the
most awesome plants, in appearance as well as
wonderful, flavorful pods.

Would you like some more seeds for those?  Our
peruvian friend just brought back some seeds
from Peru.
Thank you for the offer but I have more seed of them.
I am not going to plant anymore of them till next year.
The seed stock I have is form Jim Duffy & Judy so I am good to go
I will probably sow more aji melocoton & aji brazilian starfish along with aji white fantasy
Thanks again for offering

Well I got most of my tomatoes sowed I forgot golden San marzano but got my tomatillos sowed
I still need to sow the giant red mustard as well.
So I need to be selective when I plant more peppers I am running out of room
I am going to wait to sow more peppers till I get the cream fatalii seeds form cone9 that should be this week I figure tomorrow or wednesday

Well just check my trays & humidity domes I think I have enough to do what I want to do.
If I used the big pots as a table I should be fine.
I will wait to sow as I said before on the cream fatalii seeds form cone9
I hope that the red mustard and the golden marzano hybrid grow well my thinking is they will make a nice sauce or salsa .
The pineapple tomatillo/husk tomato and purple tomatillos should be useful as well.
After this round 3 of sowing all will be left is transplanting and round 4 flower seed sowing when there is no danger of frost anymore

Back