• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

chinense Jay`s Peach Ghost Scorpion x 7-pot Primo - F3 generation

This is a cross between Jay`s Peach Ghost Scorpion and the 7-pot Primo. It is the F3 generation of that cross.

The freshly cut pepper had a very strong aroma, redolent with Bhut Jolokia. There was very little sweetness or fruitiness to the aroma.

The flavor was pretty good for a superhot pod. Very similar to Jay`s Red Ghost Scorpion, initially. The most distinctive flavor is the Bhut Jolokia, just like the aroma. If anything, the flavor was slightly milder than Jay`s Red Ghost Scorpion, a touch dilute possibly. However, the aftertaste was all about the Primo, which is one of my favorite superhot peppers. Slight cherry notes, a touch of citrus and altogether extremely pleasant way to finish.

Oh but the heat!!! This was hot right from the start and took quite a long time to reach it`s peak. These pods are HOT! It`s a nasty, aggressive burn, too, similar to Jays Ghost Scorpions. It was first in the trout, then the tongue and mouth, then the throat again. It couldn`t make it`s mind up where to hurt me next, so it kept switching to keep me on my toes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrN7RGtrRHo&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Outstanding, Nigel! That's a great, scary looking pod, Pex. I was glad to hear that it took the Bhut flavor from the jay's with a primo finish. Sounds like something I'd like to make chili with. Great job!

Nigel said:

This is a cross between Jay`s Peach Ghost Scorpion and the 7-pot Primo. It is the F3 generation of that cross.

The freshly cut pepper had a very strong aroma, redolent with Bhut Jolokia. There was very little sweetness or fruitiness to the aroma.

The flavor was pretty good for a superhot pod. Very similar to Jay`s Red Ghost Scorpion, initially. The most distinctive flavor is the Bhut Jolokia, just like the aroma. If anything, the flavor was slightly milder than Jay`s Red Ghost Scorpion, a touch dilute possibly. However, the aftertaste was all about the Primo, which is one of my favorite superhot peppers. Slight cherry notes, a touch of citrus and altogether extremely pleasant way to finish.

Oh but the heat!!! This was hot right from the start and took quite a long time to reach it`s peak. These pods are HOT! It`s a nasty, aggressive burn, too, similar to Jays Ghost Scorpions. It was first in the trout, then the tongue and mouth, then the throat again. It couldn`t make it`s mind up where to hurt me next, so it kept switching to keep me on my toes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrN7RGtrRHo&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Awesome review Nigel!

Back