• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

JayT haz the Douglah, and the Brain!

You can't as they've never been officially tested...they're supposed to be equally hot if not hotter then the Nagas/Bhuts :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_Jolokia_pepper

Well its time for me to finally put my input in on this stuff.

Jay came into my bar tonight with the Douglah, and let me just tell you this is a menacing pepper.

First I did a sliver that was about 1.5x bigger than the 7 pot slice I did yesterday, and we got that on video for 41 seconds, but then the camera memory card shut off midst my 41 seconds of hell.

Well the first video got deleted in the mayhem of trying to clear some stuff off the memory card, but we needed it free to record Jay's video.

So I decided to eat another slice, only this time it actually had some insides and guts and stuff attached to the side, and mind you this was about 5 to 7 minutes after I ate my first slice.

Well the second slice was a whole nother ballgame.

Hot, but not Defcon Zero hot which I have also had on a straw, THANKS CREATOR!!!, but still super hot.

This was the first actual pepper I have eaten, with the exception of the Jalapeno, without it being cooked or in a sauce/salsa, and it is an experience to say the least.

Jay was supposed to post videos, but little did I know he was out boozin before he started boozin at my place, and I am assuming he crashed when he got home

And yes, the Doublah was recognizably hotter than the brain strain I had eaten before, almost a different kind of heat

Good to hear from you wheebz.

I think you need to consume a whole pod of each type to make an accurate assessment of their relative position on the heat scale. That way you'll be sure to get the whole placental effect from both. ;)

I did TRY to upload vids last night when I got home. I only managed to get one of the three done so I decided to wait until today to put them up. Here's the first one.

My link

good videos fellas...hotter than a BS but not as good a taste huh...

JayT...two questions...

Can you compare it to a Bhut?

Can you compare it to a Scorpion?

I say hotter than a Bhut, different but comparable heat to a Scorpion. I don't know if it was hotter than the Red 7 I got from you last year though. It was really hot and just kept getting hotter. I honestly didn't care for the flavor of this one as much as either of them. It was REALLY pungent and didn't have the fruitiness of the others.

cool...thanks JayT...it is a slow year for me so far...not much chinense production yet...getting a few Red Savinas

those red 7s from last year are my favorite...this will be the third year I have grown them...(seedstock originally from TH)

AJ I may need to hit you up for some seeds this year as my peppers I kept for myself are dying. I don't know how many of them are going to make it. I kept all the weakest plants for myself when I sold the rest. We had a week of 100F days followed by 6 inches of rain in a little over a day and they haven't handled it well at all. Most of my plants lost all their leaves and I am not sure how many are going to survive.

what ever you want for you my friend...should be a good season although a late one as usual...getting ready to post a few progress photos

Back