• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

JayT haz the Douglah, and the Brain!

And now here is mine. First checking the monster out:

100_7234.jpg

The actual consumption:

100_7235.jpg

What the hell did I just do?

100_7236.jpg

100_7237.jpg

100_7238.jpg

100_7239.jpg

There were a lot more interesting pics of me since I ate THE WHOLE PEPPER and not just a little slice off the side! To his credit though, Wheebz took it really well and is looking forward to eating the Douglah and a bigger piece at that. As for the Brain I have come to the conclusion that it is no hotter than a regular red 7-pot, it just looks cooler.

I should add a little about the pepper itself so it did not die in vain. First off, I have eaten several 7's before so the heat was not a surprise to me which probably means I am an idiot for doing this in the first place. It has incredible flavor. Pungent yet fruity. It tastes amazing all the while you are chomping down it's thick flesh. I find it to be a really thick-walled pepper. The first place the heat seemed to hit was the back of my tongue then the top and sides of my mouth. It worked it's way forward to the tip of my tongue and then back to my throat. The thing about this pepper is that the heat just keeps building and building and building. I would say that it takes nearly five minutes until it peakes. It then just keeps you on a high for another five minutes until it slowly starts to become bearable at about ten minutes. I would say it was about twenty-five minutes until I felt normal again.

Wheebz will have to weigh in and give his thoughts as this was his first time eating any kind of superhot. (nothing like jumping straight into the deep end!) He did say it may have been a mistake to chew it all on one side of his mouth. He also said it tasted great, and "oh yeah IT'S HOT!" "Oh it keeps getting hotter!". It was really cool to see him try the Brain for his first experience with a pepper this hot. He wanted to cut up the Douglah and eat that later, but I figured it better to wait until another day as I knew what that would mean for my stomach! Plus, what would you guys have to look forward to? There just may be a video of that, stay tuned.

excellent JayT (and Wheebz)...looking forward tothe Douglah...

I see you have learned to wipe your eyes with the BACK of your hand too...smart guy....

I am fine. Other than a little stomach discomfort I am no worse for the wear. I was in no shape to post pics last night when I got home. I couldn't find my computer :drunk:

So here they are. We only got through the Brain this time as it was busy.

Here's Wheebz hard at work before the Brain makes it's ugly face known.

100_7226.jpg

Some of the beers I was drinking.

100_7227.jpg

100_7228.jpg
Video, I want to hear the PAIN! Did your camera travel back in time? Check your date stamp.

Yeah the date stamp is messed up. Happens whenever I change batteries. I haven't figured out how to reset it after the fact. Will have to get Mrs. JayT to fix it.

Ok Ok OK!!! :lol: I don't know how well the sound will come off with the noise of the restaurant, but I will try it tomorrow night. (Wheebz is off today)

it weould be neat if you could just set the camera without him knowing it was the and tape it....

that would be funny!! My wife told me when I went outside to rinse off the ac that my buddy went into hyper ventilation till I came back in. He is being tough so I will ack like I turn it off the next time and we will see what happens!!

Well done JayT I dont know how you ate that at a restraunt, I a would hate to be in a public place and eat a superhot!

Well done Naga Overlord! And super kudo's to wheebz! First superhot is a brainstrain! Might have to get a wheelbarrow for ya'lls cajones!! Carry on.

Time to head out with the Douglah. I am going to have to video it with the digital camera as I just found out that battery for the video camera is dead. I hope it turns out ok. I'll put it up as soon as I can.

Back