• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking JayT's Day of BBQ

I was going to post this in the Happiness is thread, but I figured it is worthy of it's own thread since I don't post BBQ pics too often. I have a rain day so I kept the boy home with me and we have been having a day of smoking chicken, ribs, and sausage while playing with hotwheels and matchbox cars. Fun times.

Here's some pics of the meats just as they went on the smoker:

BBQChicken.jpg

Some chicken thighs and wings

BBQRibs.jpg

Some Southern Style Ribs and a couple of hot sausages

Smoker.jpg

The old smoker in action. Can you smell the mesquite?

I started smoking at about 10am. I just took everything off now. Just posted them all at the same time.

JayT said:
Here's a couple more.

BBQTray.jpg

And,

Steak-1.jpg

Nothing beats a charcoal grilled Ribeye!

Thanks for tormenting those of us still stuck at work... I am now officially starving...gonna get worse in 26 minutes...

Dang..what do you DO with all that meat?

I think that there alone would last me months...except my freezer ain't taht big.

QuadShotz said:
Dang..what do you DO with all that meat?

Make new friends!:lol: Nah I eat it all week. That'll all be gone by the weekend. I'm putting a pretty good dent in it right now. Gotta tell you I would take that steak over just about any I have ever had in restaurant. Except one, and it was wood grilled as well.

Looks really good JayT......

I can't wait till I get my UDS up and running!!!!!!!!!! Your pics are making me drool and I only had breakfast an hour ago...:lol:

awesome looking grub

that steak looks great... and there is nothing quite like eating one that has been grill over an open wood based fire... my favorite is over oak

JayT...I can bring some cold suds. I just need directions so I can help you eat all of that magnificent food.

BTW how are your plants coming along?

Nice JT, Where was my invite ? That looks like heaven from a smokey drum !
Aussie`s luv BBQ - But beginning to think we are missing out on the HOME style smoked & slow cooked meats! We are slowly catching up ! We were to busy perfecting the shrimp and snag !
Im also making a UDS -

Moyboy, lets make it a UGLY contest !

JayT. Excellent pics of the ribeye and chix! mighty fine eats there but dude..you should have held the pics back. Sooner or later there'll be a que smackdown!

Cheers, TB.

oh don't worry when that day comes, I will be ready with a whole arsenal. Bbq and I have a LONG love affair.

JayT said:
When I do it, it is an all day affair with many many different choices when it's done.

So...you're having multiple affairs with bbq? What a man whore!

Allow me to genuflect before thee and jump back one time and kiss mysef'!

Cheers, TB.

Back