• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jedisushi06 2014 Grow, Return of the JEDI

I started fairly early this year of 2013 for 2014.  I had a good garden season this summer and grew lots of super hots and non super hots.  I produced over 200 pounds of tomatoes for canning, and lots of cucumbers for pickles.  I used my last big tomato and pepper harvest to can salsa.  I plan on growing more plants this year and trying to grow some types i did not get around to this summer.  I also plan on growing peas, tomatoes, rhubarb, mixed greens, pumpkins, and non super hot peppers and thai chiles for drying.  Here's an updated list of what i'm growing so far.  I have plans for lots more peppers so stay tuned.  I want to thank all the great people on here that taken their time to send me seeds to grow, i want to give a shout out to Romy 6, Bhut Camp, megahot, Jack Superhot, Tmudder, Spicegeist, Colorado Ronin, Judy at pepperlover, silver surfer, Semilnas, Nigel Carter, Bill Moore, chile beast, Brian Seal, lucky dog hot sauce, Chris Joyner, my favorite cowboy, old barn nursery, and old dirty bastard.

7 pot 007
7 pot merlot
7 pot yellow
7 pot red
7 pot brain strain yellow
7 pot brain strain red
7 pot brain strain orange
7 pot brain strain chocolate
7 pot douglah x 3
7 pot douglah Billy Boy
7 pot madballz
7 pot rennie red
7 pot rennie brown
7 pot primo yellow X 2
7 pot primo red
7 pot primo orange
7 pot savanah long
7 pot bubblegum
7 pot barrakapore red
Carolina Reaper X Red Brain Strain
Jays peach ghost scorpion
Jays red ghost scorpion
Chocolate Naga Brain
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Brakapore
Brown Naglah
Black Naga
Defcon 7
Congo brown
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia chocolate X douglah
Sepia Serpent
Bhut jolokia chocolate x Trinidad Scorpion Red
Chocolate Fatallii
Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Green
Trinidad scorpion chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
Rocoto Inca 
MOA scotch bonnet
Infinity
Red Mourga
Red Mourga Satan
Yellow Mourga
Brown Mourga
Carmel Mourga
Chocolate Mourga
Chocolate Bhut X yellow 7 pot
Carolina Reaper
Carolina Reaper long phenotype
Red Naglah
Yellow Douglah
Red Douglah
Mustard Habanero
Bonda Ma Jaques
Ice Scream Scorpion
Red Habanero
Majah X= Red Bhut Jolokia X Red Mourga Scorpion
Paper Lantern
Datil
Peach Habalokia
Peach Scorpanero
M.A. Daisy Cutter yellow
Devil's tongue yellow
Devil's tongue red
Red Lightning Habanero
Caribbean Red Habanero
Numex Barker Green Chile
SB7J
Thai hot
Orange Thai
Black Thai
Prik KEE NUU SUAN
Geon La Do
Mustard Bhut Jolokia

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.jpg

maximumcapsicum said:
I am late to the party but holy cow, the chocolate sauce looks killer. Bet it would go good on some pork... Or really anything. Keep it burnin man.
Yeah it's fire, goes really well with grilled meat or bbq meat. I need to heat it back up this weekend and get it bottled up so i can hand out a few bottles.  I want to say happy birthday to Romy6, cheers buddy!

IMG_1362.JPG

A small immature pod harvest, the yellow pods are Yellow Primo, the red round ones are 7 Pot Rennies, and the bottom one is off my giant Not Douglah.
Which is throwing out pods like this now,
IMG_1377.jpg

the nights are still a little cold for it to be throwing out mature pods, i'm sticking to my high nitrogen tea for the next few weeks.

IMG_1370.jpg

Super sweet 100 cherry tomato hybrid, one of the best tasting cherry types out there, i need to save seed from it for the future, i'm moving to missouri in one year from now, Columbia that is. I put this plant in the topsy turvy on sunday, it's already grown 25% in size.  

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.JPG

The in ground tomatoes are taking off finally.  They have been in the ground for 10 days now.  On too day 11!

IMG_1372.jpg

Jay's Peach i nearly killed is coming back.  
IMG_1373.jpg

Carmel Mourga is growing strong after getting beat up by the wind. 

IMG_1374.jpg

Geon La Do is podding up nicely.

IMG_1375.jpg

Black THai is podding up too

IMG_1376.jpg

Prik Nee Nuu Suan is podding up too

For such a small plant these two are podding up like crazy, i plan on growing this strain for many years to come.  Prik Nee Nuu Suan i mean.

IMG_1367.JPG

I want to point out the difference in cooler temps and pod smoothness, the smooth pod formed when the temps were cooler at night, then when the temps warmed up the pods took on the better form.  This is not my plant or photo, it's from a good facebook friend of mine.  

IMG_1366.JPG

Here is an unknown cross he's growing, he calls it Podzilla for now!

IMG_1378.jpg

My Nu Mex Barker Green Chiles are podding up!

IMG_1368.jpg

First tomato of the season, Gardener's Delight Cherry.

I'm also doing an experiment with crushed egg shells in my tea right now to see if it adds and calcium to it! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah Chris mine were not happy for a whole but are now growing good, still not sure why they were unhappy, one if the Thai orange is still pissed in the full sun. But looks great late day early morning???!

Nice your jay's peach is bouncing back, i've had some issues with mine too...

speaking of smooth pods, i had a ton of smooth runt pods this year.  i just finally plucked them all off the other day once i started noticing the pods growing in as they should...

Yeah I haven't seen any other pods forming yet. I should probably go ahead and pick all these premature pods offs, hard to tell with the giant not Douglah if the pods are going to be runt or not

Yeah I haven't seen any other pods forming yet. I should probably go ahead and pick all these premature pods offs, hard to tell with the giant not Douglah if the pods are going to be runt or not

TrentL said:
Good to see everything taking off well! Looks like it's all growing strong!
thank you the tea should help, and i need the night time temps to warm up, although i do enjoy the natural air conditioning very much.  Perk of living at 7,000 feet elevation.

maximumcapsicum said:
Interesting that the higher temps makes the pods more gnarly. Great work all around.
When it's cold the pods are immature and iv'e noticed it affects the color, just on super hots.  It seems the cold can make them turn orange.  It's hard for pods to produce with temps over 90.

Some interesting finds you got there. Garden is looking good. It will fill in nicely. We had rain yesterday and last night. I think it only hit 65 or 66 degrees. That was good because I was dealing with some sunburn issues. Temps going back up to. 80s and 90s 10day forecast. Hope you get some good weather. Beerbreath81 has been having drastic weather conditions over on the front range.

OCD Chilehead said:
Some interesting finds you got there. Garden is looking good. It will fill in nicely. We had rain yesterday and last night. I think it only hit 65 or 66 degrees. That was good because I was dealing with some sunburn issues. Temps going back up to. 80s and 90s 10day forecast. Hope you get some good weather. Beerbreath81 has been having drastic weather conditions over on the front range.
Bummer.  They had hail up there a few weeks ago.  
IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

Frothy tea!  I can already see an improvement in my plants are feeding this to them.

IMG_1391.jpg

Ophelia guarding my plants!

IMG_1386.jpg

Tomatoes are taking off finally, the front ones are San Marzano, and the ones behind them are Ten Fingers of Naples. 

IMG_1393.JPG

Thanks for the pods Romy6!

Very nice Mikey!

Peppers are all looking good!

Those tom's are going to be a massive jungle really soon!

And tea too!

I see an explosion in the making really soon!

Back