• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review JHR's Big Bad Video Review Thread

how big is the pizza going to be and do you have to eat the full thing? Is there a time limit? I think a full OZ of powder over a whole pizza isn't that bad. I'd eat it. BOOM.

Good luck JHR!

oh man, I think the saying "bend over and kiss yo ass goodbye" fits perfect here....lol

I have the FAITH!!

I don't know if I'll try, lol. It would hurt my stomach REALLY bad, lol. I may do a few slices though. I am not the kinda guy who pukes on camera. I try to keep a certain sense of professionalism, but every once in a while I do something stupid. I can't wait until I can get my hands on pods: I want to do a review on the major superhots so people can actually see what they taste like.

My goal is to better inform the populace. I have been gifted with a high enough tolerance that I can pick out flavors through intense heat. Most people think that supers have no flavor, that very hot sauces are only hot, with no taste. I want to abolish that belief.

Might try to get WrecklessEating in on this pizza too. Talking to Matt Zion now.

Funny you mention that about the "flavors" of the peppers. I'm trying to learn what you seem to have already developed! Most peppers have great taste at first, but so many of them contain angry stinging wasps that are infuriated by saliva! Must be some kind of natural defense system!

Whoaa... Wait a minute.... There is a throw up clause? Won't it hurt on the way out too? :rolleyes:

Nice review man, thanks! I'll take 9/10 for flavor any time! :woohoo:

One note - I think my sauces open up even more on food. I deliberately put the salt levels a bit lower since so much of what one puts hot sauce on is salty. So on food the sauce tastes bigger & more notes come out. Give it a try! :cheers.

Thanks again & enjoy!

Scott

Nice review man, thanks! I'll take 9/10 for flavor any time! :woohoo:

One note - I think my sauces open up even more on food. I deliberately put the salt levels a bit lower since so much of what one puts hot sauce on is salty. So on food the sauce tastes bigger & more notes come out. Give it a try! :cheers.

Thanks again & enjoy!

Scott

My father and I just tried it on a burrito.

WOW.

The flavors really open up and shine beautifully. Rich, sweet garlic dances playfully with a sharp, tangy vinegar to the tune of a rousing warmth coming from the roasted peppers.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I will say this. Orange Label has joined a selection of about 5 sauces that I will never be without. As long as you make it, I will buy it.

Lol good luck with the pizza, I was only able to down 4 pieces after that i had the shakes too bad to continue. The gutburn will probably be the stopper for you over anything else.

This pizza is actually a Variation of a local pizza joint here in OH. The original Pizza had a Thai Peanut Sauce that is mixed with Sriracha and Mozz cheese with shrimp added to the top.

For those who do not know the ingredients the pizza is as follows. (As i made it at home)

Slather some Thai peanut sauce on the pizza dough once ya have it all stretched out
1 Entire bottle of Justaguys Jimmy Scorpion Sauce which is basically his Sriracha made much much much hotter made with Trinidad Scorps
1 ounce of Moruga powder i had made from peppers i grabbed from Bakers.
Then i tossed on some Mozz cheese on top to cover the sauce
Added some shrimp (but he can add whatever topping he wants)

Tossed it in the oven and went to town

Btw if done correctly the pizza should be awfully saucey when done. The cheese will cover it up nice butyour definitely getting the lip burn you would from eating challenge wings.

The challenge is to finish off the pizza which i could not do. But getting through a slice will get your attention.

Lol good luck with the pizza, I was only able to down 4 pieces after that i had the shakes too bad to continue. The gutburn will probably be the stopper for you over anything else.

This pizza is actually a Variation of a local pizza joint here in OH. The original Pizza had a Thai Peanut Sauce that is mixed with Sriracha and Mozz cheese with shrimp added to the top.

For those who do not know the ingredients the pizza is as follows. (As i made it at home)

Slather some Thai peanut sauce on the pizza dough once ya have it all stretched out
1 Entire bottle of Justaguys Jimmy Scorpion Sauce which is basically his Sriracha made much much much hotter made with Trinidad Scorps
1 ounce of Moruga powder i had made from peppers i grabbed from Bakers.
Then i tossed on some Mozz cheese on top to cover the sauce
Added some shrimp (but he can add whatever topping he wants)

Tossed it in the oven and went to town

Btw if done correctly the pizza should be awfully saucey when done. The cheese will cover it up nice butyour definitely getting the lip burn you would from eating challenge wings.

The challenge is to finish off the pizza which i could not do. But getting through a slice will get your attention.

I'm not 100% sure I have a full oz. of moruga here, so I will be adding a few other powders from GH to it as well. The plan is to make it today, but if my buddy doesn't show up, it will be postponed till tomorrow.

Back