• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review JHR's Big Bad Video Review Thread

JHR, you manned up on that one! Don't think I could of eaten a slice of that evil pie. And good job with the video skills also. ;)
I wouldn't have even tried. Not for $100, and probably not for $1000. In fact, if I were obligated to do so for whatever reason, but I could PAY $100 or even $1000 to not have to do it? I'd probably pay it. I am becomming more of a fan of really hot peppers over the last few years of trying them - but like all things in life it's about moderation. Like the Jonahs I just got - we sliced one up and tried it in little bites - chewed it up and all...and it was plenty hot. And I chopped about 1/3 of the pod and sprinkled it onto my pizza and it was flippin *awesome* - great taste, fantastic heat. But would I pop a whole pod in my mouth and chew it up? I considered it, but just didn't feel compelled to do so. So I applaud and respect anyone brave enough to even attempt what JHR did - that takes huge cajones, especially since JHR knew what the end result would be from his past experiences with superhots and Pure Evil. I still don't see the point, unless the point is to entertain all of the viewers, in which case it was a smashing success. lol

I still don't see the point, unless the point is to entertain all of the viewers, in which case it was a smashing success. lol
That was the only point, lol. I wanted to do a special video for my viewers, and actually I have a subscriber special coming up in which I will be dong a hot sauce chug. Haven't found a sauce to do yet though.

The point, I believe, was a challenge by someone who actually ate the whole thing. JHR's reviews have become respected through detail from his taste perspective here and on youtube. So in actuality there were a few points. 1: The gauntlet thrown down and the challenge picked up. 2: Validation of the challenger's heat tolerance. 3: The inclusion of sauces and powders from users on this site to make it happen. and finally, 4: Could JHR actually DO it?

We all wanted to know... And now, we DO! So point 5: Hell yeah, entertaining as well! (As his brother squirreled himself away without trying a slice!!!!)

Kudos JHR! And no, LDHS, no confrontation meant! Just pointing out points! And NO!!! I would never do it either.

Yeah, my brother took 1 touch of the sauce on his finger and almost retched it up. The stuff was no joke.

none taken - I said it pretty much tongue in cheek though.
;)

while ocasionally it happens, I am rarely that obtuse - I get the concept of throwing down the gauntlet and/or accepting a challenge from a literal perspective.

It's more the "why would anyone want to accept that challenge" that I have a hard time wrapping my brain around. Like I said - JHR knows better than anyone what the experience is likely to be...and from those ingredients, that's just brutal.

if it were me and that gauntlet were thrown down, I'd politely pick it up and hand it back and say "you win."

:rofl:

LMAO...

THe next few weeks I will have videos of the following pods:

Naga Morich
Chocolate Bhut
Chocolate Hab
Red Moruga
Yellow Moruga
Thai
Orange Hab
and a super secret mystery pod.

Amen LDHS... I am down with that too, although, I'd have been more smooth and announced, "Whoops, you dropped something! Let me get it for you!" Then picked up said gauntlet, and then gave said gauntlet back to the tough guy!!!! I may have even ran away too depending on... (No offense Burns... You warned him!)

JHR literally picked up the gauntlet! (Shut the camera off and up-chucked too!) But hey, that's why he is respected so much!

:dance: :party: :mope: :rofl: :tear: :crazy: :doh: :flamethrower: :clap: :evil:

Damn dude? Health problems...STOP NOW while you can!

Good reviews,just wait longer and do you eat anything before you eat the pods?

Those were Douglahs and not Chocolate 7 Pot. They are similar looking but different peppers. Not grown in a controlled climate,but they do get babied! Hah Back of the neck pain is horrible with these. Thanks again for reviewing.... You will be getting another package next week. If you want anything specific just PM me. Now go lick your wounds!

Those were Douglahs and not Chocolate 7 Pot. They are similar looking but different peppers. Not grown in a controlled climate,but they do get babied! Hah Back of the neck pain is horrible with these. Thanks again for reviewing.... You will be getting another package next week. If you want anything specific just PM me. Now go lick your wounds!

Thanks for the info buddy, and thanks for the peppers!

Back