• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPeppers 2013 GLOG

In the for winter are:

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot - BROWN

The grow from seed list:

Brain Strain - RED - Seed from a pod from Judy if memeory serves me correct
Carolina Reaper - Seed from PepperJoe
Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED - Seeds from plant above

To be continued...

As of today here are how things are looking - 12/05/12

7 Pot Brown is fighting leaf drop, white flies seem likely and it has been treated. It still wanted to give me fruit.

7pot_brown.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_1.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_2.jpg

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED

Jays_Ghost_Scorpion.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah_1.jpg

Seedlings

1.jpg

2.jpg

Annuum List

Cayenne Indonesian
Chiltepin Amarillo
Jalapeno Black
Jalapeno Early
Jalapeno Giant
Jalapeno Purple
Rooster Spur
Serrano
Thai #00419-2551 F1 Hybrid
Thai #00554-2553 F1 Hybrid
Thai (2005) Large Red
Thai Cross (Orange)
Thai Dragon
Thai Hazelwood
Thai Norcal
Thai Orange
Thai Prik Che Fah
Thai Prik Jinda
Thai Prik Key GNU - Chaiprakarn F1
Thai Prik Key GNU - HOM
Thai Prik Key GNU - SUAN
Thai Prik Kjinda Dang
Thai Prik Mon Dum
Thai Prik NUM
Thai Prik Sod Dang F1
Thai Prik York
Thai Prikkinu Pedsiam F1 Hybrid
Thai Prik-Mondang Red Eagle F1
Thai Red
Thai Super Hot
Thai Yellow

Baccatum

Lemon Drop

Chinense

7 POT Brain Strain Red
7 POT Brain Strain Yellow
7 POT Brown
7 POT Burgandy
7 POT Jonah
7 POT Red
7 POT Rennie
7 POT SR
7 POT Trinidad Douglah
7 POT Yellow
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Giant
Bhut Jolokia Giant Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Billy Boy Jonah
Butch T
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 2)
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 1)
Chocolate Scotch
Chocolate Unknown
Douglah X Chocolate Scorpion
Fatalii
Hot Jamican
Infinity Monster
Jay's Ghost Scorpion
Mako Akoksrade
Morouga
Morouga Scorpion
Mystery Chocolate
Naga Morich
Naga Viper
Scotch Bonnet
Tazmanian Habanero
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
White Habanero
Wine Unknown

Frutescens

Thai Hot

Nice return with the new growth. Fungal Gnats ?

Look at it as severe pruning, any of the infected plants will bounce back with denser growth.

I like the new growth on the Jonah OW. I've seen those grow up to 6ft the 2nd year.

Sweet, man! Glad to see those of you in the cold winter areas starting to emerge from the ice age!
So happy the warm weather is here, 80's next few days and no real cold night. I am still holding off on all the small plants since usually Mother's Day is the true first safe day for last frost.

Nice return with the new growth. Fungal Gnats ?

Look at it as severe pruning, any of the infected plants will bounce back with denser growth.

I like the new growth on the Jonah OW. I've seen those grow up to 6ft the 2nd year.
Fungal gnats were/are really bad. The JGS and 7PB both had severe white flies that I finally got rid of a month ago. I was shocked that they did not bother the Jonah and all were side by side including the 100+ new plants. I sprayed and drenched these guys when moving them out yesterday. The new long growth on the Jonah just happened in last few days and shows signs of putting out flowers.

The other small plants have such dense growth currently it is hard to tell they are a pepper plant.

Thanks for dropping by!

Being the impatient man that I am, I am going to try more cells with anything not up and growing at this point. I think I will make a few changes on a couple I had planned with better varieties I have received since and some new unplanned additions.

Tray 1 (2 - 19)

6) 7 Pot Red --> Same
9) 7 Pot Yellow --> Same
9) 7 Pot Yellow --> 7 Pot Yellow x Bhut Carbon F1
12) Bhut Jolokia Red --> Same

Tray 2 (20 - 40)

20) Butch T --> Same
23) Chocolate Scotch --> Scotch Bonnet Red
25) Douglah x Chocolate Scorpion --> Same
26) Fatalii --> Same
34) Naga Morich --> Same
34) Naga Morich --> Same
35) Naga Viper --> Same
37) Tasmanian Habanero --> Golden Habanero
39) White Habanero --> Same
40) Mystery Wine --> White Habanero

Tray 3 (40 - 41)

41) Reaper --> 7 Pot Barrockpore

Going to pick a few more C. chinense to start as well. Not positive on which as of yet.

Did the Y7 x Bhut Carbon make it? I remember what Chris grew out turned out very nice...

Chris the one's outside are looking great, how are the one's inside and did you finally win dat bug war? I thought you finally went with Azamax, how did that work? Expensive isn't it :0 The coffee grounds I mixed into my soil helped eliminate mine finally, I still see an adult here or there but the babie plants are big enough to endure and if I see a gnat I just spray it with coffee water or mineral oil, which ever I have handy at that time, lol.

Great updates, keep dem coming and can't wait to see everything finally outside ... Oh, how are the mantis sacks doing, have they hatched? Try to get some pics of dem .... if you can ^_^

Chris the one's outside are looking great, how are the one's inside and did you finally win dat bug war? I thought you finally went with Azamax, how did that work? Expensive isn't it :0 The coffee grounds I mixed into my soil helped eliminate mine finally, I still see an adult here or there but the babie plants are big enough to endure and if I see a gnat I just spray it with coffee water or mineral oil, which ever I have handy at that time, lol.

Great updates, keep dem coming and can't wait to see everything finally outside ... Oh, how are the mantis sacks doing, have they hatched? Try to get some pics of dem .... if you can ^_^
Thanks for dropping by, Azamax most likely my own fault nearly killed all my plants when I did a foliage spray. The top growth of 90 out of 100 plants died 100%. It happened 2 days after the spray and no other elements changed, the plants were under no lights after the spray to avoid any burn.

I will post some pictures of the fly paper I have hanging, FULL of adults! I do look forward to getting all the plants outdoors soon and very happy the OW made the journey. My hope now is to harden them off without killing them.

Good on ya Chris! It's a great feeling to finally be outside isn't it? Even if it's just the OW plants. Maybe in a week or two they'll all leave the nest...
It does feel awesome, I was mapping the sun/shade today to see where I shall move the babies. I do not have anything fancy to protect them, time to invest! next season that is....

On another note, I talked to a neighbor today and the easement behind me that is protected on all sides from wind and gets sun over 8 hours is all mine! I plan to do a few of 8 * 4 square foot gardens. I am going to try a few of the Thai plants in there to see how they do.

Thanks for dropping by, Azamax most likely my own fault nearly killed all my plants when I did a foliage spray. The top growth of 90 out of 100 plants died 100%. It happened 2 days after the spray and no other elements changed, the plants were under no lights after the spray to avoid any burn.

I will post some pictures of the fly paper I have hanging, FULL of adults! I do look forward to getting all the plants outdoors soon and very happy the OW made the journey. My hope now is to harden them off without killing them.

Tell me more about the AzaMax issue. I recommend that stuff to people all of the time, I would hate for someone to kill their plants because of something I recommended. What dilution were you using? Was it the AzaMax concentrate or the powder? Did you add anything to the spray?

Tell me more about the AzaMax issue. I recommend that stuff to people all of the time, I would hate for someone to kill their plants because of something I recommended. What dilution were you using? Was it the AzaMax concentrate or the powder? Did you add anything to the spray?
It was the recommended ratio mixed with water, used liquid form. It is the only thing I can think that would have done that to all plants at once. The plants will end up much bushier as a result so not a total loss. :)

1.JPG

Yeah, it looks like it will work out ok for those plants, I am just trying to figure out why they would react so badly. AzaMax is supposed to be safe, I didn't think there were any phototoxicity issues in Capsicums. I am going to do a little more research before I buy another bottle of it.

Back